Chapter Eight

*Danielle's POV*

I woke up feeling warmer than I should have. The scent was also different than the one I was used to. It took my brain a few minutes to remember that I sleepily walked to Daryl's tent and he let me come in and sleep with him. I turned my head and saw him facing away from me still snoring away.

It was just light enough outside for me to notice that during the night his shirt had ridden up exposing some of his back and the awful scars on it. I went to touch them but there was a break in his snoring so I drew my hand away and quickly closed my eyes thinking he was waking up.

Instead of waking up he just turned over, wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I smiled when he did that since I didn't take him for a cuddler. I started to try to fall back asleep but I couldn't help feeling something on my thigh and it wasn't little by any means. I bit my lip and snuggled into his arms before going back to Dreamland.

*Daryl's POV*

Waking up next to somebody is a weird feeling when ya ain't used to it. I looked over at Danielle's sleeping face and wondered how she could've ever had feelings for a guy like me, I guess I could wonder the same thing about myself. She wasn't exactly the type of girl I used to date or whatever.

She actually liked me for me, or the me she knew, instead of just being with me for a connection to Merle. It was also only a matter of time until she randomly saw the scars on my back and would want to know who caused them. That wasn't a conversation I was ever ready to have with the girl I was seeing, but something made me think that Danielle wouldn't run from me after seeing them or hearing the stories behind them.

I watched her sleep for a few more minutes before I went to change my shirt. I unzipped my side of the sleeping bag and went to move but felt a tug on the hem of my shirt making me stop. Danielle had one of her fists closed around my shirt. I got the shirt unbuttoned and went to move.

"Dad... Daryl?" She whispered.

I looked at her after she went to say the first word, it almost sounded like she was gonna call me Daddy. I had heard of girls that was into that type of thing but I never figured she was one of 'em. I'll have to remember that for when finally got naked with each other.

"It's okay Sunshine. I ain't going anywhere at least not yet but ya might want to get up." I told her.

"But I'm comfy." She whined.

"I know ya are but we can't just stay in here all day. The others would start to wonder where we are." I told her.

She huffed but got out of the sleeping bag.

"You look out first to see if the coast is clear." She told me.

I unzipped the flap of the tent just enough so I could stick my head out and look. I didn't see anybody so I went to unzip the flap more but as soon as I did Rick walked over.

"Ya haven't seen Danielle have ya?" He asked.

"No, I just got up." I lied.

"Okay, I went by her tent but she wasn't in there but her boots and bow were." Rick replied.

I felt Danielle's hand rub my back and couldn't decide of I should tense up or relax.

"Is it just Rick?" She whispered.

"Yeah, should we tell 'im?" I told her.

"Yeah, he's the one person that needs to know." She replied.

"I just lied to ya Rick. She's in here. We're uh, together but we, mainly me didn't want everyone ta know." I told him.

"I don't have anything to say about y'all being together other than if your gonna have sex take it away from camp. There's a child that doesn't need to hear any of it." Rick told us.