Chapter Twenty Six

*Danielle's POV*

I was helping gather up supplies for a big run today that a few people were going on, including Daryl and Jonny. I looked up the see Beth walking over and Jonny stopped what he was dong to go over to her while Daryl had come up behind me.

"Ya sure ya don't wanna go to?" He asked for the umpteenth time since we got up this morning.

"Yeah I'm sure, I have fence duty in a bit." I told him.

"Okay, I'll see ya when I get back then." He smiled.

"Yeah, and when you do get back, we need to talk." I told him.

His face changed and I wasn't sure how to perceive that.

"Bout what?" He asked.

"It's not the type of conversation to be had out around everyone." I told him.

"They ain't listening, what's going on babygirl?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

I took a deep breath, each time I had thought of a way to bring up the baby conversation they didn't include being out of our cell but if Daryl wanted to have this conversation here then we'll have it here.

"I think we should start trying to have a baby. The prison is secure now and I'm ready." I told him.

"I ain't sure how good a dad I'd be but if ya want a baby, we'll start trying to make one. More than we already do." He smirked.

"I have nothing but complete faith that you'll be a great dad, just look at how you are with Judith. And yeah, making the baby is always the fun part." I smiled.

I heard Jonny ask Beth if she was gonna tell him bye and she said 'nope' while walking away.

"It's like a damn romance novel

"It's like a damn romance novel." Daryl chuckled.

"Don't start, we'd be like that too if you'd let us

"Don't start, we'd be like that too if you'd let us." I smiled.

He shrugged his shoulders then let go off my waist and grabbing my hand to lead me down to his bike.