Chapter Thirty Two

*Danielle's POV*

After I told everyone that I was pregnant Rick told us the plan and we were all gathering up random things to use to fight Gareth and the rest of the assholes that locked us in here. I had my heart knife in my hand.

"Alright, got four of them pricks coming our way." Daryl told us from his watch post.

"Y'all know what to do

"Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first. Then their throats." Rick reminded us.

"Put your backs to the walls on either end of the car now!" A man yelled in.

Daryl backed away from the door and briefly put his hand on my stomach before he brought his fists up. We heard the hatch on top of the train car open and something being dropped in. It was a a gas canister and I knew that wasn't a good thing.

"Move!" Abraham yelled before it went off.

The train car filled with some type of gas burning my eyes and throat. I reached out and grabbed ahold of Daryl's vest, feeling the leather under my fingertips then him getting ripped away from me. The door closed back and we were left in the dark again.

It wasn't long until an explosion rocked the car.

"What the hell?" I wondered out loud.

"Someone hit them" Michonne replied.

"Maybe our people got free." Sasha added.

"Excuse me." Eugene said pushing past me and Sasha.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rosita asked him.

"I might be able to use this shell to compromise the door. From the sound of things, there may not be anybody left to open it." Eugene replied.

"Eugene, I'm sorry but shut up." Tara told him.

"Hey, my dad's gonna be back." Carl said walking over with Maggie and Beth who had been attached at the hip since last night.

"So will Daryl." I added rubbing my belly.

"They all are and we need to get ready to fight our way out with them when they do." Maggie said.

The fighting raged on and I was getting restless.

"What's the cure, Eugene?" I asked.

"It's classified." Eugene replied.

"We don't know what's gonna happen." Michonne tried.

"You leave him be." Abraham told us.

"We need to keep working." Jonny told us.

"Yeah, but it's time to hear it. 'Cause we don't know what's coming next." Sasha replied.

"What's next is we get out of this." Tara said.

"Even if I told you all, even if I provided step-by-step instructions complete with illustrations and a well composed FAQ and I went red ring, the cure would still die with me." Eugene replied.