Chapter Twenty

(A/N: I skipped the fight at Woodbury since it was too much to go through and write. I also really just wanted to get to where Daryl leaves so it worked out. XO Dani 💜)

*Daryl's POV*

I couldn't believe me, Rick and Glenn were actually arguing about Merle coming back with us.

"It won't work." Rick said.

"It's gotta." I told him.

"It'll stir things up." He said.

"Look, the Governor is probably on the way to the prison right now. Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle." I replied.

"I'm not having him at the prison." Maggie pitched in.

"He had a gun to our heads. Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as the rest of us. With Danielle and Beth close by?" Glenn asked.

"He ain't a rapist. Plus Danielle and Beth can take care of themselves, ya know that." I told him.

"Well his buddy is." Glenn said.

"They ain't buddies no more. Not after last night." I told him.

"There's no way Merle gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats." Rick said.

"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?" I asked.

"She's not coming back." Rick replied.

"She's not in a state to be on her own." Maggie said.

"She did bring you guys to us." Glenn pitched in.

"Yeah then ditched us." Rick told him.

"At least let my dad stitch her up." Maggie suggested.

"She's too unpredictable." Rick replied.

"That's right. We don't know who she is. But Merle, Merle's blood." I said.

"No, Merle is your blood

"No, Merle is your blood. My blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison." Glenn said.