Chapter Twenty Five

*Danielle's POV*

It had been about a week since the weddings but nothing much had changed other than I had gone from being Ms. Slone to Mrs. Dixon to one of the kids from Woodbury. Patrick was really respectful and even before the world went to shit that was hard to find.

I was in the showers brushing my teeth when I heard Daryl yelling for me. I rinsed my mouth and went out to him.

"Yeah babe?" I asked once I saw him.

"We're heading out on a run to Decatur so I figured ya'd wanna come. Maybe see if yer place is still standing." He replied.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"In about 20 minutes." Daryl told me.

"Okay, I'll go to our cell and get ready." I smiled kissing Daryl's cheek.

I walked back to our cellblock and up the catwalk stairs to our end cell. I put my toothbrush and toothpaste away before strapping my knives to my thigh and wrapping my gun belt around my waist. I picked up my gun and checked to see if I needed to load it. I did since I was about ten rounds short so I headed out to where the extra guns and ammo was store inside. I picked up a box of the right ammo, ejected my clip and loaded it before I put the clip back in and stuck my gun into the holster.

"Ready babygirl?" Daryl asked from behind me.

"Yeah. I just need my bow." I told him.

"I'll go get it. Head on out to the cars." He told me.

"Okay, don't forget the quiver." I replied.

He nodded and took off back to our cell while I headed out to the cars.

"Hey sis, you coming with us?" Jonny asked once he saw me.

"Yeah, I wanna see if I can't get some stuff from my apartment." I told him.

"Oh, gotcha. Are you and Daryl taking his bike or a car?" He asked.

"I really have no idea. We usually take his bike but with the run being Decatur we might take a car." I replied.

While we stood there I pulled my hair up into a high bun just to keep it out if the way.

"Here babygirl." Daryl said coming up behind me.

I turned and took my bow, slinging the strap over my shoulder before I asked Daryl, "Are we taking your bike or a car?"

"We're taking a car, the truck actually." He told me.

"Just us?" I questioned.

"Yeah, just me and you babygirl." He smirked.

"Let's load up then." I smiled.

He chuckled and climbed in the drivers seat while I went around to the passengers side and climbed in.

We took point with the others behind us.

"I hope my apartment hasn't been touched." I sighed as we drove.

"Why?" Daryl asked.

"I have a few things there that we could use." I smirked.

"Like what babygirl?" He questioned.

"You'll see." I told him.

He reached over and took my hand holding it in the center console.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love ya too babygirl." He smiled back.

**