Chapter Twenty Eight

*Danielle's POV*

I had gotten up after Daryl and finally had the chance to take one of the pregnancy tests he brought back. When we had the baby conversation a few days ago I didn't tell him that I thought I was already pregnant and wanted the tests to make sure if I was or not.

I got dressed and headed to the bathroom with a box of tests hidden. Once I was in a stall I took one out and followed the directions on the box. After a few minutes I checked the test, it read positive so I had to go find Daryl and tell him before I told anybody else.

I went back to our cell block and found him and Rick arguing.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked them getting in between them.

"Carol killed Karen and David. I took her out and sent her away. I think I did the right thing, Daryl disagrees." Rick told me.

"Look, whether it was the right or wrong thing to do it's done and we can't change that. I don't want you two at each others throats over this." I told them with my hands on their chests.

"What are we supposed to do about Sophia, Lizzie and Mica?" Daryl asked.

"I told her we'd look after them." Rick said.

There was a break in the argument so I saw my chance to tell them that I was expecting but missed it when Rick spoke again, "I haven't told Tyreese yet. I don't know how he's gonna take it."

"Let's go find out." Daryl replied.

I had to ignore the fact that Daryl's voice had taking on its' gruff tone that could turn me into a puddle in seconds before I could say anything, "I'm coming with both of you." I pitched in.

"Ya don't need to babygirl." Daryl told me.

"Yeah I do. Clear head remember. Oh and um, speaking of babies." I replied holding the test up.

"That ain't what I think it is, is it?" Daryl asked.

"It is. I'm pregnant." I told him.

"I'm gonna be a dad?" He stammered

"You're gonna be a dad." I sniffled.

He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up with a huge smile on his face.

"We can celebrate later, we should go find Tyreese now." I told him.

He nodded and sat me back on my feet before we headed out of the cell block and down to the tombs. As we walked through the maze of tunnels Rick kept yelling for Tyreese.

"Tyreese! You down here?" Rick repeated for the umpteenth time.

"Rick, that you?" Tyreese finally answered.

We walked towards the sound of his voice and he came out to meet us.

"Good, you brought her. You guys gotta see this." Tyreese told us.

"Why was it good that I came?" I asked.

"You have pysch training." Ty replied before turning around to lead us to wherever he just was.

"Can we take a beat? There's something we need to talk about." Rick told him.

"It can wait. Come on." Tyreese insisted.

I went to follow Ty and looked back at Rick and Daryl to see them look at each other then follow Ty and I to a room in the tombs.

"Look." Tyreese simply told us.