4

Evelyn and I continued to walk out of the DWMA while discussing who was going to make what for dinner.

"Make pasta! You're the better cook anyway!" I cried, facing Evelyn and gesticulating wildly. "Besides, I'm sad and battered and abused, you wouldn't make such a poor soul make dinner, would you?"

"You look like an idiot, F/n," Evelyn sighed, stuffing her hands into her pockets. "I'm tempted to run off and pretend like I don't know you."

"Correction, I look like a sexy idiot," I said with a wink, making twin pistols with my hands. "Also, you'd have nowhere to run. Soul precept, remember?"

"Oh, fuck you and your sassiness you suicidal bastard," My weapon swore, referring to my spat with Liz. I brushed off her comment and smirked.

"Oi, that's 'Miss. Fuck You' to you, hun!" Evelyn sighed and raised her arms in surrender, making me giggle.

"Heh, I win! Now you have to make me past- wah!" I squealed as I bumped into someone, sending us both tumbling to the ground.

I shut my eyes and braced myself for impact, waiting to hit hard tile for the second time today. I surprisingly landed on something soft, making me open my big e/c eyes in shock. I gasped and blushed when I noticed a cute boy laid beneath me, groaning and rubbing his head in pain.

"Correction, it's Miss. Fuck him," Evelyn snickered, covering her mouth with a pale hand. My face turned beet red as I quickly got off the boy, stretching my arm out to help him up.

"Ignore my weapon, are you alright, sir?" I asked politely as he gripped my hand firmly and rose to his feet. His hand was calloused and rough, making me immediately know that he was a meister. A really hot meister.

He flipped his shaggy blond hair to the side, revealing his emerald green eyes. A shy yet bright smile appeared on his face as a giggle slipped through his lips.

"I'm fine, love. No need to worry." A blush spread across his pale cheeks as he released my hand quickly, stuffing his hands in his pockets awkwardly. "Also, I'm Nathan, Nathan R-Ross."

'Cute, he seems really shy, I wonder why I've never seen him around.'

"F/n L/n. And this is one of my weapons, Evelyn," I said, pointing at my giggling weapon. She gasped playfully at my remark.

"Woah, you acknowledged me! I thought you two were too busy eye-fucking to notice that I was still here!" Evelyn said with a smirk, causing Nathan to blush and me to hit her atop the head.

"Ow, ow, ow!" My blonde weapon pouted, little tears forming in her eyes. "No need to be a bitch, I'm just here to present you with the cold, hard facts!"

"A-anyway," Nathan coughed while pushing open the large doors of the DWMA, Evelyn and I slipping through with him following closely behind, "Are you two new? I haven't seen you around here much."

"Nope! We've lived in Death City since we were eight," Evelyn commented with jazz hands. I palmed my face at her action.

"O-oh...," the blond-haired boy said awkwardly. A look of cogitation crossed his face, him probably thinking about what to say. Taking advantage of the silence to look him over, I realized just how attractive he really was.

He's a few inches taller than I am and has beautiful, fair skin, his surprisingly bright green eyes glistening with a blend of happiness and mischief. He also has a pearly white smile that's infectious to those around him. Shaggy blond hair rests atop his head, some of it sometimes invading his emerald irises. He wore a loose button-down shirt with a t-shirt underneath, black jeans hugging his thighs to match. He wore beaten up converse as well that scuffled through the dirt as he walked.

"F/n?" Nathan's deep voice called.

"H-huh?" I asked, snapping back to reality.

"Well I asked you a question and you didn't answer. Also, you've been staring at me for quite a while now...," he muttered quietly while scratching his flushed cheek.

'Shit! I've been caught! I'm really good at this whole 'new friend' thing, huh?' Evelyn snickered at me while turning her head to the side, 'trying' to hide her laughs. 'Some weapon I have,' Another snicker filled the air, making me abruptly turn my head to a laughing Nathan.

"What is it?" I asked quietly while halting my walk towards Ev and I's house.

"I just find it funny that you were totally checking me out," Nathan said confidently, shedding the shy exterior that he was previously fronting. My face turned a vivid red with a look of shock scrawled across it in response. "If it means anything, I think you're pretty cute too."

'Well shit, that was a total 180, what happened to the shy version of Nathan?' I practically screamed in my head, my blush growing deeper.

"OTP!" Evelyn chanted on repeat, her blonde and blue hair bouncing as she jumped up and down with her fists in the air.

"Anyway, this is where I stop. See ya later you two!" Nathan said, purposely brushing my side as he left with a wink. When he reached the door of his apartment, he turned and smirked at me. "Also, I thought what you did in the hallway was pretty cool, L/n!"

'Shit! He saw my fight with Liz?! Wait--'

"If you saw that then why did you ask if I was new-," I began, only to be met with the slam of his apartment door. "Dammit." Evelyn patted my head and started dragging me in the direction of our house, her constantly snickering throughout the whole trip.

"You know, I hope karma slaps you in the face before I do," I grumbled and pouted like a child, making her laugh and poke my stomach.

"Man up."

"Don't assume my gender," I snapped my fingers in a Z-formation, serving a look of utter sass.

"Fine, woman up!"

"I don't wanna!"

Our stupid fight continued until we reached the apartment, us both grimacing when being faced with the pearly white door.

"You think Sadie is-," I started, to which my weapon nodded knowingly.

"Yup."

"Goddamn it," I said sadly, my form seemingly deflating. I placed the key in the keyhole, slowly unlocking the door in an attempt to postpone the inevitable mental scarring.

"Hey, losers!" Sadie called while leaning on the kitchen counter, her long blonde locks looking a bit disheveled.

"Woah! You actually aren't making out with Soul!" I gasped in mock surprise, covering my mouth with my hands dramatically.

"Oh shut up," she sneered as we shut the door behind us, a disgusting aroma wafting throughout the room. 

"What the hell did you do? Fuck him in the kitchen before we came?" Evelyn asked as she ran into the kitchen, only to be met with a charred oven.

"I made you dinner," Sadie grumbled, pulling out a blackened pizza and tossing it onto the counter before heading back to her room, the sound of her door slamming resonating throughout the house.

Running into the kitchen as well, I saw Evelyn with a look of shock on her face; not just from the messed up oven. I looked around the room to have the same look take over my face as well.

The baby blue walls now had red sauce spatters in the shape of handprints, cheese and flour littered the floor, randomly spilled spices lined the counters, and some dough was stuck to the ceiling.

"Y'know, it sorta looks like a mix between a pizza bomb and someone getting murdered in here," I said with a snicker.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, we have to clean up this shithole."

"Kill me."