120k Special

//hi, hello, it's me--your local lazy ass author. it's been two years since I've touched this book, which I know has upset many of you, but in the wise words of the show Victorious--here I am, once again.

When going about writing this adventure in 2016, I never planned on it reaching an audience larger than my best friend, catherinecatt1, and I, never mind obtaining 120,000 reads. thank you from the bottom of my heart for the love, support, and dedication that you've shown this rollercoaster of a fic.

if you're here, reading this after two years without any sign of an update, I thank you. as an FYI, I edited much of the story in order to fluff up some parts-- so if you'd care to give it a read, go ahead. I will be attempting to finish this book within the coming days--hence why I edited this for 3 days straight LMFAO--so look out for that as well.

Until then, enjoy this non-canon fluff piece that I figured I'd write as a warm-up and as a thank you for the obscene amount of traction that my book has gained.

//an update as I'm writing this: I swear to fuck, the second I log back into Wattpad and start using the platform, a huge security breach occurs. To those who know little about the situation: Please Please PLEASE make sure the email attached to your Wattpad is indeed a spam email and be sure to strengthen your passwords. 

~

It had been three months since Kid and I had gone ice skating together, our love for each other flourishing beyond the confines of hushed kisses and exchanges of sweet nothings behind closed doors. Our love became a public affair, students of the DWMA gawking at the sight of Kid's hand tangled with mine as we unapologetically floated through the halls. 

I was unused to this amount of attention, especially now that I was a point of envy for many underclassmen, but I grew to accept it--being the girlfriend of a renowned Reaper made it difficult to maintain a low profile. Since our relationship had become public, however, Kid and I went on fewer dates as his life became riddled with Reaperly duties whilst mine became inundated with practices in order to better my weapons. 

It was after these events took place when we would find ourselves laying upon Kid's overly-comfortable couch and talking for hours about our respective days, ensconced in warm blankets, each other's arms, and the love that curled around us despite our taxing schedules. 

Today was different, however.

After a particularly frustrating practice with my newly forged Death Scythes, Sadie and Ev, I found myself aggressively shoving open the doors to Gallows Manner, expecting particularly tight snuggles and a ruffled looking Reaper awaiting me. When I arrived, however, I saw no sign of my boyfriend's coat strewn carelessly across the back of his couch. I didn't see his expensive oxfords lined up at the entrance of the manner. Most dishearteningly of all, I didn't see my boyfriend splayed out on our couch, his buttondown undone just enough to tantalize me and make me long for more. 

The house was terrifyingly empty, a faint "Kid?" bouncing off the walls as I propelled myself further into the mansion. After searching around downstairs fruitlessly, I sighed and retracted into myself, coming to terms with the fact that Kid was most likely working overtime with his father tonight. Just as I felt myself give up, a presence appeared behind me, warm hands cupping my eyes as warmth ran itself along my back. I shivered as lips brushed the shell of my ear.

"Welcome home, sweetheart," Kid's voice was gruff and adoring, his fingers dancing down to my sides as he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek. "I hope I didn't worry you."

I turned in his arms, giving Kid a cheeky smile. "And just where in the hell were you, good sir."

"Oh, you know," he replied, mirroring my smile onto his face, "just setting up a date for my girlfriend, who's incredibly lucky to have me, might I add." I couldn't help but giggle at his impudence. "I can't imagine just how jealous you are of my talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before girlfriend."