50

//I read last chapter to refresh my memory and I actually cringed so hard (tis edited a bit now) Btw I put some Rhianna up in the media bar because it when else would I.

--Also I put asterisks (*) next to things I'll describe at the bottom kk enjoy

~

My life is a mess.

Soul fell to his knees before me, running a hand through his tousled hair while using his other to muffle the animalistic cries escaping his throat. Snot dribbled from his nose and his tear-soaked face was scrunched up in utter dismay, regard for self-image obviously thrown out the window. He began to cry with the force of a person vomiting on all fours.

A big, complicated, stupid mess.

He cried as if his brain was being shredded from the inside, tears leaking from his eyes and slipping down flushed cheeks, trailing over the layer of nervous sweat that already encased his disheveled body. Muffled begs for forgiveness came out in choked whimpers, his weary crimson eyes boring helplessly into my own.

I wasn't having any of it.

"Tell me," I demanded sternly to shield my shattering heart, robbed of the glitter-glue needed to fuse it back together. We sat eye-to-eye uncomfortably on my floor, holding back a myriad of words in an attempt to salvage what was left of this... whatever this was.

"T-tell," Soul sniffed and sobbed some more, "T-te-e-ll you w-wha-a-at?" I crossed my arms weakly and gave him a pointed look, what little composure he had slackening. He clutched on to my loose pajamas and sobbed into them, bending over onto my uninviting and stiff shoulder in search of comfort. His mouth hung open and his eyes were sealed shut, saliva, tears, and snot getting everywhere.

Trust me when I tell you it wasn't pretty.

I sighed--realizing that this was going nowhere--and placed my small s/c hand on his head, shushing him and carding my fingers through his unruly hair. He shifted to look into my glassy eyes with bloodshot ones of his own, an indescribable moment of intimacy and brokenness shared between us.

"F-fine," He choked out, wiping his nose and regaining some of his lost dignity. "I'll tell you w-why I di-i-d it," He paused. I drank in the brief moment of silence to counteract the fear that continuously threatens to engulf me. I almost jumped when he began speaking again.

"It was a few days after the party when it happened," He spoke in a distasteful tone, chilling me to my core. "I thought everything was cool, y'know? We finally had a better understanding of each other, we were a few steps ahead of Liz's asinine plan, and I finally began seeing my friends in a different light after--," He paused, his lips curling into a frown.

"--E-everything you told me about them. Liz had called me to hang out that day--which wasn't unusual by any means--so I went along with it. After all, if I acted even the slightest bit weird someone was bound to notice. Of course, I didn't want to go, but I went to protect you--and, well--and my reputation." Ouch.

"Everything went smoothly for the most part. Liz picked on some people, flirted with a few guys, and gossiped amongst all her girlfriends whilst the guys and I hung back behind them." He paused with a sigh, a look of bitter nostalgia consuming his features.

"It's always been like that, we've never really wanted to get involved with the girls' bitchy chatter, so in return, they never got involved with our occasional guy talk. And by occasional, I mean very occasional.

"We never have anything to say when we're around them, we're all so afraid that Liz will somehow hear and publicly humiliate us for it, so we tend to fly under the radar. I had no plans of doing any differently, but when I saw this cute guy*, my final fuck flew off into the sunset." I snickered and he gave me a small, teary smile.