42

//Sorry about the wait. I was trying to make this chapter decent but um.... this happened.

~

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you drama, however, you pour yourself a bloody glass of vodka.

I laughed at the thought, remembering what had happened over the weekend. 'If that were the truth, I'd need to get my stomach pumped from alcohol poisoning. Either that or I'd at least have a killer hangover.'

Walking into school on Monday was a drag, to say in the least, the accusing stares of my peers searing into my flesh as Soul and I continued down the never-ending corridor. It felt like a walk of shame, to be quite honest, nauseating whispers filling my ears as I persisted down the hall as fast as my y/h legs could carry me.

"Hey, loser!" I stopped dead in my tracks. My once steady breathing replaced by sharp, quiet inhales; my fists balled firmly at my sides with my knuckles painted a snowy shade of white.

'No, please, not now,' Soul had turned to face the blonde-haired demon behind me, his hand gripping my fist to try and alleviate my worry. It didn't help, however, my body falling victim to an anxiety attack as Liz trekked up closer. I felt paralyzed.

Looks like you won't be making any witty comments today, huh? My mind sneered, my body beginning to quiver out of dismay.

"I heard you made out with a certain ex of mine the other day, L/n, and you know exactly who," Liz jeered, the surrounding students falling silent. It was as if they were listening in to see if the gossip they heard was true, my body robotically shifting to face Liz.

'Face your fears and stand up to her, you stupid bitch! You've done it before, tell her off!'

The sight of her twisted smirk made my breath hitch, the overwhelming fear of her destroying what's left of my reputation making my throat close up.

'I can't do this, I can't do this! Abort, abort!'

Liz approached me until we stood toe-to-toe, her smirk growing larger. "Care to share with who?"

'I can't believe Kid told her.'

"Aw, cmon, don't be shy!"

'I didn't even kiss him back! Well... okay, maybe I did... but only a little!'

Liz sighed heavily, pouting her pink, overly-shiny lips. "Am I going to have to tell everyone?" I opened my mouth to scream 'no!' at the top of my lungs, yet no sound came out.

"Leave her alone," Soul growled, a confused expression twisted on his face. He looked over at me--shooting me a brief glance of, 'what the fuck is she talking about?'--before returning his glare to Liz.

"Omigosh, so you don't know either?" Liz laughed as if she understood Soul and I's awkwardly shared glance. My eyebrows scrunched in fear, my fingernails burying themselves into the palms of my hands. "Looks like F/n didn't want you to know about her scandalous activities the other day. Lucky for you, Soul, I have pictures! Some friend she is, amirite?"

'What the fuck?' I screamed inside my head. 'Was she sitting in on Kid and I or something?'

Liz pulled out her phone, turning it on and tapping away at the iridescent screen. She then turned it to face me and Soul, the audience behind us all struggling on their tiptoes to see the screen as well. A bright green hill met my gaze, Nathan and I sat atop it with our lips locked. The crowd gasped at the sight, not-so-hushed whispers encompassing me. I felt like I was drowning.