32

//Don't do this at home kids.

Walking in through the club doors, I could feel the pulse of the music as the whole building practically vibrated from the immense amount of sound. Lights flashed and pivoted everywhere, gleaming down on the tipsy--if not drunk--dancers below. Speaking of dancers, Nathan failed to inform me that Nightclubs had strippers. This nightclub, in particular, had six poles set up in various places, women wearing skimpy clothing practically attached to each one.

Nathan grabbed my hand and tugged me through the massive crowd, us both squeezing by the couples that were dancing and grinding on each other on the dance floor. Once we found a relatively open spot, we followed suit. No, not grinded on each other you dirty perverts, danced. Or, well, in my case, attempted to. Nathan was quite fluid about his movements, him laughing and helping me as I stumbled about the dance floor.

Eventually, a slow song came on, Nathan's arms immediately wrapping around my waist. Trying to make the most of it, I wrapped my arms around his neck and swayed to the melody, laying my head against his firm chest. This was always the sappy portion of movies, right? This was supposed to be the most unforgettable experience of your life. So, why did it seem so... boring?

"You look beautiful tonight," Nathan muttered, a small 'thank you' coming from me before he proceeded to continue whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I stayed silent until the song ended, us both parting with sheepish smiles on our faces.

The next song blared through the many speakers scattered throughout the club, couples cheering in response. I instantly recognized it to be "We Don't Have to Dance" by Andy Black. I cheered along with everyone else, a chuckle escaping Nathan before he informed me that he was off to get us drinks. Though I felt a bit awkward with Nathan as it was my first ever date, I felt even more awkward and out-of-place without him. Something about it just didn't make me feel right.

"Whoever left a beautiful woman like you alone is an idiot," A deep voice muttered from behind me, my body whipping around and shuffling back at the sudden presence. My eyes widened when they trained on a lean figure, a smirk evident on the owner's face.

A black leather jacket hugged his broad chest with a nice white t-shirt underneath, it showing off his well-sculpted body. A pair of casual, lightly washed blue jeans with a few tears adorned his long legs with some nice dress shoes on his feet. To top off his outfit was a puffy gray scarf that hung loosely from his neck; that and his glistening smirk which shone brightly under the blinding lights of the nightclub.

"Like what you see?"

"I thought we already established that I think you're a bag of dicks and that you look like one too."

"Woah there, that's a bit harsh."

"What the hell are you doing here, Kid? How did you find me? Better yet, why did you find me?"

Instead of answering my question, I was met with the gruff voice of Kid singing along with the melody of the song.

"We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance," While I was stood in astonishment, bewitched by his voice, I didn't notice him close the gap between us, our bodies pressed flush against each other as we swayed to the song. "We don't have to smile, we don't have to make friends."

I smirked as the next set of lyrics came, my voice coming out sweet and melodic as I sang back, "It's so nice to meet you, let's never meet again." I waved goodbye at him mockingly, hoping that he'd get the message and get out of my hair.

"We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance," Kid sang, unbothered by my sardonicism, his lips pressed against my ear as he continued to 'serenade' me. He eventually stopped and just let us just dance to the song, him twirling and dipping me while I desperately tried to get out of his grip.