41

//FYI: (At least read the bold c'mon) This chapter may be confusing to people who just watched the anime. I decided to kinda combine the anime and manga, using the ending of the manga (Kid giving a speech to the public with Soul--as a newly formed death scythe--stood by his side) To those who read the manga, NO, I'm not keeping that rule made of "no more death scythes formed after Soul" because I'm also making Lord Death still alive too. Why? It's my book, fuck you xD. Thanks for your time, enjoy!

//Update (7/20/20): The way that I barely read my own disclaimer, lmfao. Also hi i'm still editing i love u

~

Fits of giggles spilled from Kid's lips as my jaw dropped in pure astonishment, the reaper's mouth screwing up into a vicious smirk.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, his laughter dying down as he slowly began to regain his composure. He ran a pale hand through his messy black locks, neatening it before perching his hand back on my s/c cheek.

"You realize that this isn't my first time smoking pot, right? I know how to feign the effects of using it if I want to. You weren't the only one reading up on WikiHow," His free hand had dipped into his pockets, fishing through them in search of something.

Upon finding what he was looking for he tugged, pulling out his phone and unlocking it. Pressing the app with the small blue compass, Safari, he clicked on one of his open tabs and placed the small device in my palm. Sure enough, a guide with the title: 'How to Act High' was displayed across the luminescent screen, WikiHow's dull green banner displayed at the top.

"So how did you do it then?" I asked, still clearly befuddled. "You were obviously smoking it, so how aren't you feeling the effects?"

"Oh, believe me, baby, I'm feeling them," Kid began with a light chuckle as he stroked his thumb across my cheek. "The effect just isn't as severe as I made it seem. Did you really think I'd pull a Nathan and get completely stoned on our date?" I laughed uncomfortably at his joke, lightly wincing at the thought of what had happened between me and Nathan earlier. "Unlike that sap, I can hold my drugs."

"I don't know if that's something to be proud of," I joked, a smile brimming his pink lips.

"It is if you're me," He muttered, his tone falling cold and distant. His smile had gone as fast as it came, being replaced with an icy frown.

Damn it all, Kid, why must you be so confusing?

"Why'd you do it?" I prodded.

"You wouldn't have listened to me otherwise," My eyes widened for the umpteenth time today, him laughing bitterly at my look of bewilderment.

"What, did you really think I didn't mean it?" He asked in a glaringly offended tone. "F/n, I love you, dammit, more than I've ever loved anything or anyone. I've tried so damn hard to forget you through drugs, meaningless sex, and alcohol, yet I can never seem to get you out of my head."

My breathing picked up in speed as his auric eyes tore into my crystal e/c ones, the ferocity in his words making me melt. My mind ever so desperately clung to my hatred for him, remembering the godforsaken day in which he left me. I felt my blood run cold, the heat of his hand on my cheek smoldering like a wildfire. But this wasn't nearly as painful as the scorch of his last ignition.

I was like the Sherlock to his Moriarty, and oh did he burn me.

~

The crisp, summer wind caressed my small thirteen-year-old form, the heat nipping at my face and cheeks as the sun laughed haughtily above us. Sadie and Evelyn stood at my side, us settling in the middle of a throng of people listening to a speech given by a reaper clad in black. An albino stood by his side, waving at the crowd with seemingly newfound confidence.