24

Soul tightened his grip on my hand, my eyes averting to his well-sculpted face. Not that I took note of that. The first thing to catch my eye was a grimace spread across his face, his eyebrows furrowed in anger and discomfort. I could tell his mind was rushing a million miles a minute, I just couldn't do anything to help, I was in the same boat as he was.

I went back to my prior task of watching the populars' actions, seeing a small smirk on even Evelyn's face. Hair shaded my eyes as I clenched my teeth; I could feel my heart beating like a drum against my rib cage. Pushing my tears and sadness away, postponing it for a later time, the sound of bitter laughter finally met my ears.

"I can't believe Kid had the nerve to accept that dare! I can't believe he had the nerve to say such things about you! I can't believe-," Choking down the incessant pain that shattered my heart slowly, I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Believe it," I grunted, pushing open the door to have everyone's eyes fall on me. 'Hello, bitches. You've just created your worst nightmare,'

Friend count: 1.

~

My headache grew worse as my e/c eyes met widened forest green ones, a gasp escaping the owner's lips. The young boy practically flung himself at me, him hugging my thighs while his body rested on the cold floor.

"F/n!" Nathan cried, small tears sprouting in the corners of his eyes. "I can't believe that you're here! This must be fate!" Everyone looked over at the boy in shock, snickers and a few 'aww's' escaping the circle. "I came to make Liz tell everyone that the pictures aren't real since you wouldn't talk to me, but now I can apologize to you myself! I'm so sorry, I should've told you that I dated Liz! I'm sorry for being an ass to you at that time if I was one, I honestly can't remember. I'm sorry about not protecting you and I'm sorry about-," Nathan continued to blather on, a small 'shh' escaping my lips. The boy automatically shut up, him releasing my legs and sitting cross-legged. I glared down at Nathan, the boy returning it with sad puppy dog eyes.

You should forgive him, maybe he can help you. The voice that I ignored earlier had returned, once again giving me words of advice. I sighed in defeat, a small smile enveloping my lips. 'Can't hold a grudge forever.'

"Stop your crying," I muttered, rubbing Nathan's head. "What is this, Twilight? The past is in the past, let's just forget about it."

"Ayy! OTP!" Evelyn cheered, shutting up when she received a harsh glare from a certain reaper along with an unnoticed one from me.

"W-wait," Black*Star muttered, a dazed look in his green eyes. "N-Natalie, right?"

"It's Nathan, drunk ass!" Evelyn grumbled, flicking the drunk boy's forehead. Black*Star fell over from the force (though not much was used). "I can't believe you got this hammered."

"S-so then, since I'm here can I join you?" Nathan asked nervously, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Heck n-," Maka started, interrupted by a cheerful Liz.

"Of course Nath!" After being given the seal of approval, Patty glomped onto Nathan, to which everyone in the circle nervously laughed at. I sighed awkwardly, my mind elsewhere as the chatter around me continued on. I remained silent, observing everyone, even Evelyn, laugh and be friendly with one and other. I felt mute--as if my voice was suddenly ripped away from me while everyone forgot about my seemingly invisible presence.

'I have to say, for a second I actually agreed with Maka. I hope Nathan leaves. I'm not ready to be all buddy-buddy with him yet.'

Sighing and finding myself bored, my hand automatically delved into my pocket and pulled out my phone. Typing in my password and grimacing at my lock screen, I quickly flipped over to Tumblr and gave into my trashy obsessions, scrolling through the abundance of pictures that Tumblr had to offer.