43

//Would you look at that, I updated at a reasonable fucking time. Sorry if I'm regularly keeping you up past your bedtime to read some shitty fanfic ;).

((Lol regularly implies I stick to my daily update schedule... ¬¬))

Prepare yourself for savage remarks and an overabundance of Danisnotonfire gifs.

~

Stein's boring lectures fell onto deaf ears, Kid's words from earlier populating mine.

'I can't believe he stood up for me; what's gotten into him? He wouldn't do shit this crazy for a dare...,' I thought, my head resting in my palms gloomily. 'What the fuck is even going on here?'

The bell's high-pitched shrieks blared throughout the school, kids rising from their chairs and stretching as they made their way out the door. I went to do the same before a large shadow cast itself upon my y/h figure, my eyes darting up to meet bright yellow ones belonging to Kid.

I looked toward Soul pleadingly who had merely shot me a pearly white smirk in response. He quickly stood from his seat and fled from the room with the rest of the crowd, leaving me alone with the demon-boy in front of me.

'Of course,' I thought sadly, 'He'll leave me alone solely for the prosperity of his OTP.'

"F/n...," Kid started unevenly, his gaze fixated on his slender, twiddling thumbs. "I know that you have every right to hate me. I also know that I called you my best friend back there--which isn't true anymore as you probably don't want to be associated with a dick like me--but even so, I really want to be more than just, well, best friends. I can't go on for even a second longer without having you by my side, it's driving me crazy."

My mouth flew open to retaliate angrily, him quickly pressing a finger to my lips with an 'ah, ah, ah!' noise. "Look, I know this probably makes no sense, but neither does love. I really do love you, F/n, and as the handsome prince who saved you, I'm now going to have to ask you for my thank-you-kiss."

"You're no handsome prince," I laughed while placing a hand on my hip, my eyes rolling in annoyance. "You're Death the Kid. Obviously, you're about to blackmail me for the save--,"

"Which you could thank me for, by the way," Kid said with a wink, "You're right, though. Sorry, I have to do this, but you would never give me the opportunity unless I blackmailed you."

"What do you want?" I sighed, "I do owe you, so I may give you what you want as long as it's not too crazy," Kid's eyes lit up, him grabbing my hands with a childish smile breaking out on his face.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Kid cheered, his childlike expression quickly growing into a more serious one. His fingers tangled with mine. "What I want is for you to give me a chance."

I was glad I wasn't drinking anything because I surely would have to spit it out in pure shock. Death the Kid--the Death the Kid--is asking me for something other than sex or a completely meaningless activity like it. A coy smile worked its way onto his lips at my look of befuddlement, him swinging our hands back and forth childishly.

"So, what do you say? I just want time to prove myself to you. I'm not forcing you to go on any of the dates I ask you on or anything--though it would be nice if you accepted; I just want you to possibly give me a shot?" I'm sure if my mouth wasn't hanging open before, it was now. Kid punched my arm lightly in mock annoyance at my bewilderment, whining out a small and sarcastic, 'shut uuuuup'.

"Fine," I grumbled, a cheer escaping Kid's lips.

"I mean, uh, yeah, cool. Great. Awesome," Kid fumbled around nervously, acting like an innocent 9th grader asking his 10th-grade crush out on a date. I wanted to hate him with all my heart, yet his cuteness seemed to slightly melt the icy barrier I left around it.