51

//hi, hello, it's me.

I was thinking about just not finishing this book after Wattpad fully said "I might just lock you out of your account thanks to this security breach hehe" plus the addition of writer's block, but my lovely editor catherinecatt1 insisted that i finish this. so here I am. finishing it. 

i love u.

~

My day began like any other, the morning spent bickering with Soul over breakfast as we hurriedly got ready for yet another day at school. As I sauntered throughout the cramped hallways of my apartment after finishing my breakfast, I could feel my heart quickstep at the thought of the presentation that Soul and I would inevitably have to give today. The presentation was meant to showcase the relationship that had blossomed from Soul and I's time together as a Meister and Weapon pair, but it was honestly just going to be spent mourning the fact that it had to come to a close.

I inevitably found myself in my bathroom, peering into my glazed, e/c eyes that were marred with signs of sleep. The bags beneath my eyes exploded in shades of mauve and sickly yellow, reflecting the few hours of sleep that I managed after texting a certain reaper until the wee hours of the morning. 

The thought made my cheeks tingle and blaze alight, a small, subtle smile dancing on the corner of my lips. 'That blasted Reaper, making me feel some type of way...' My phone buzzed in my hand, a message from said boy proudly displaying itself across my screen.

good morning love 🖤 i really enjoyed getting to talk to you last night... I hope you felt the same. ps if you think you're not getting a kiss the second i see you then go off, but you're wrong

I couldn't resist the insanely cheesy smile that enveloped my lips. The angry feelings left within me had washed away with each of Kid's words, touching a part of my heart that I had desperately tried to keep hidden--the part that was left for him and only him. I responded with a quick 'in your dreams, dork,' before touching up my complexion with light makeup, dancing around to the sound of Soul screaming at the top of his lungs.

"F/n, you headass, you best get the FUCK out of the bathroom right now or I'm fully going to rip you in two, no cap."

"Hey Soul, thanks for being the DJ nobody asked for, I love bopping to your bad-bitch flow. Git em, King," I cheered sardonically, brushing a light wash of pink onto my cheeks. "You want to free-style some more? Maybe when I have Evelyn back, she can feature on your new EP, My Temporary Meister Ain't Shit."

Suddenly, Soul's fussing fell silent from the other side of my bathroom's door. "Yeah, about that... how are you feeling about getting Evelyn back, I know you felt pretty betrayed by her. Do you think you'll even be able to resonate again? I--," 

"I'm going to stop you right there," I said, busting out of the bathroom confidently, sporting a white halter top with a pair of green, strappy cargo pants. "Sit down, sis, the tea is piping hot and ready for you."

"I would sit, but your stupid ass made us late for school, so why don't you spill your damned tea as we go," He rolled his crimson eyes, making me giggle.

"Fair enough." We began our trek towards the DWMA, my mind swimming to find the words that explicated all of what happened last night. "So basically, I was up until like 4 am texting Kid."

"I'm sorry you said what?"

"Yeah, so we kissed the other day or whatever, no big deal, but ever since we've been flirting on the down-low and last night we had a really deep conversation, explicating all of what happened that night at the party, and I realized that I was complete and utter BUFFOON for doubting Evelyn."