39

//AREN'T YOU PROUD I DAILY UPDATED

//Update 7/20/20: aren't you proud, i'm back and editing lmfaooo

~

F/n

People sometimes go to great lengths to forget things.

Hot lips pressed against mine, Nathan's firm arms tugging me closer until I was practically sat on his lap, the kiss we shared being anything but delicate. His lips trailed lower, sucking on my bottom lip for entrance, an entrance that I firmly denied with clenched teeth and pursed lips. I could feel his teeth grazing my slightly swollen and plump lower lip, yet I decided to break our heated kiss for a little more than just air.

If only I could forget this.

A coy smile teased at Nathan's mouth, heavy puffs of air escaping our parted lips. After he finally caught his breath, he leaned in and kissed my cheek delicately. As he drew away, a feeling of inexplicable dirtiness washed over me. It was as if his lips left inexpungable grime on the surface of my lips and skin to forever seal this moment within the confines of my mind.

"Sorry about that, I got a bit... over-excited," He muttered, looking up at me with cute puppy dog eyes.

'Yeah, you could call it that,' I thought sarcastically, forcing a smile on my newly-bloated lips. Thanks for that, Nathan.

"Don't worry about it, I-," Heavy coughs interrupted my following remark, my eyes widening at the sight of thick, grey smoke curling and dancing through the crisp afternoon air. Nathan quickly rushed to cover my nose, pulling me onto his lap as if I were a child incapable of helping myself.

"Is that better?" Nathan purred into my ear as if to grasp at the remaining strands of my attention towards him. It wasn't, quite honestly, which I struggled against showing upon my face. I wanted to be as far away from him as possible, the putrid scent of his cologne tangling with the scent of the smoke that curled around me and gripped at my throat.

My eyes wandered to the source of the repugnant fume as I let my body become rigid within Nathan's uncomfortable grasp, my eyes widening at the sight of a black-clad boy with tears streaming his face as he sat drearily at the bottom of the hill.

His golden eyes were blatantly tainted red, but not purely due to the limpid tears streaking his cheeks and pooling in his eyes. A blunt hung loosely from his lips, his hands tangled lazily in his luxurious hair, the white streaks ruffled as his fingers tugged endlessly at his raven mane.

'So you wanted to forget about something too, huh?' I thought to myself, breaking free of Nathan's tight grip and turning to face him. His eyes held a look of shock as they looked up at me in wonder, awaiting my words of explanation.

I kept it brief, offering a small, "I have to go, sorry," before turning my back on the blonde. 

"After all he's done to you," he began, my departure halted. So he knew that this was about Kid, then. "You'd still go to his rescue? I thought you hated him, I don't understand-."

"Oh shut up," I interjected, placing my hands on my hips as I turned to face the blond. "Stop talking as if you know me, which you claimed that you didn't after Liz publicly abused and humiliated me. You think you're so much better than Kid? Fuck, at least he kept me company while you went and got drunk on our date," My voice gradually raised, his lips pursing as a look of fear swirled in his emerald eyes. "So please, tell me what in the ever-loving-fuck I owe you? Please, enlighten me, why should I stay here with you instead of saving someone who unapologetically did the same for me. He may be a dick, he obviously needs my help. If you can't accept that, then please kindly fuck off."

I stomped down the hill angrily until I stood firmly in front of a giggling reaper, tears mindlessly wandering down his cheeks whilst a sad, vapid smile plastered itself across his face.

"Heeeeyyyy, F/n," He drawled out, a few giggles slipping his lips as he spoke. He took another drag of his blunt, one of his headphones slipping from his ears without notice.

"So, uh-- weed, huh?" I asked, sitting across from him with an unreadable expression on my face. He tilted his head to the side, a small sigh escaping my lips as I did my best to ignore the putrid stench that contaminated the air around me. "This is what helps you forget?" He nodded absentmindedly, a few more tears falling from his auric eyes. His smile formed back into a harsh frown, his eyes growing foggy and distant. It was as if he was here and not at the same time.

"I wished I could've gotten high off your love," He uttered, his raspy voice resonating through the rustling of the cool air, "But it seems as if you've found another." His words seemed too sober to be that of a high man's, his eyes trained on nothing in particular as he stared off into the horizon.

"And who said that?" I asked ignorantly, assuming his words were that of a poet's. A dry laugh fell from his lips before he took yet another deep drag from his blunt.

"Me, and I mean every word of it."

"We're taking you home," I demanded, grabbing his arm and dragging him back to the skate shack. I paused my quest briefly to pull the blunt from his lips, tossing it aside and into a the nearest trash can before rushing his high-ass back to his manor.

Upon arriving at the gates, I shoved my hand in Kid's pocket to fetch his key, some witty remarks about what I had done slurring from his lips as I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time today.

I opened the doors to his house and threw him on the couch, heaving myself down next to him before letting out a dull, unamused sigh. My eyes closed, my e/c hues being shielded from the horrors of the world if only for a brief second.

That was until I felt the couch shift.

Oh, how I wish I could finally forget.

~

A/n: Ayyyy I updated with some shitty angst ;))))

Your welcome, y'all.

Since it's late, I'll keep my AN brief.

QOTD: On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think you're going to hate me for next chapter xD

Vote, comment, and share (fuck goals, not tonight xD)

Thanks wattpad for 1.7k and thanks Quotev for 2k (lol yes quotev I didn't forget you)

Funniest comment gets a dedication. 36 hours.

k bai

~Christy <3