40

//Hi, it's me, back again with a shitty update that nobody wants to read.

((Just kidding, love you all))

//Update 7/20/20: welcome to editor town, population christina (can you tell that i've been editing for 3 straight days).

~

I felt heat curl around my face for the second time that night, it tickling my cheeks and kissing my lips as another pair drew closer to my own. Light, minty breaths picked up in speed as I felt his lips finally brush against mine, his pale hands drawing up to cup my neck to finally solidify our kiss.

My eyes flicked open in shock, the mint gum swirling around his mouth just barely covering the thick stench of weed that laced his breath and clothes. Even so, anyone could tell that he was skilled in the kissing department, his lips moving gracefully against my shocked and unmoving ones. His lips felt as soft as the petals on a rose as he delicately brushed, coaxed, and begged mine to respond, my thoughts steadily melting away within the heat of the moment. 

Only for a second, I allowed myself to indulge in this sweet fantasy, allowing his hands to draw their way up my arm and draw me close, hearing a faint, loving whisper of my name as his kiss became impossibly deeper. The wind left my lungs at the sound of each syllable in my name being prolonged on the tip of his deft tongue-- as if he were desperately trying to savor each one.

Quickly snapping to my senses, I pushed Kid's slumped shoulders back with his lips effectively parting from mine with a 'pop'. Heavy breaths still brushed my face as he was a mere inch away from mine, his eyes lidded and hazy as they stared into the e/c pools that so obviously acted as his hidden temptation.

"Mmph," Kid grumbled, his eyes growing soft mere seconds after the kiss had broken as if he had just realized what had happened. "C'mon, F/n, why'd you stop?"

"In case you hadn't noticed," I grumbled, "The kiss never started," I turned to the side, desperately trying to shield his eyes from the rosy blush that tinged my cheeks.

"Well that's bull," Kid slurred, waving his finger around in the air whilst his eyes darted elsewhere. "I may be stoned, but I can clearly remember tasting your lips."

"But what you obviously can't remember," I retorted, booping his nose in the process, "Is that I shoved your sorry-ass off." I stood from my place on Kid's couch, groaning as I stretched my out my sore body. 

'Today has been far too eventful for my liking, I don't know how much more my heart can take.' I pulled out my phone as my thoughts encouraged my cheeks to bloom an even deeper shade of red--hoping to distract myself with a bit of light research. My fingers padded along my keyboard to search for answers on how to satiate a stoned Kid, which luckily drew forth a myriad of results.

"Besides, you taste like weed, it's really not a look." I quipped in the effort to break our awkward silence, sticking my tongue out at him as I continued to scroll through Google's suggestions.

"And you taste like the girl I love," he slurred, his eyes growing soft as a light blush brushed his cheeks.

"I'll give you credit, you're persistent."

"Now if only I could get you to give me a kiss," He said whilst closing his eyes and puckering his soft, pink lips.

"Good luck with that one, bud," I laughed, shoving a hand in Kid's face to push it far from my own. Upon finding what seemed to be the most detailed response, I clicked on WikiHow, rushing off to follow the instructions that were so helpfully listed with unfortunate drawings to match.