44

//Ayyy I'm back. Sorry I didn't update yesterday, school is right around the corner and guess who's fucked? Me!

Prepare for some sassiness, some classiness, and some overall trashiness. (basically me)

I put Ease by Troye Sivan up in the media bar because well... lol you'll see why I guess.

 lol you'll see why I guess

~

I let out a growl as I flopped down onto my cozy bed; yet another tiring day successfully completed. The mattress screamed under my weight, the springs' cry echoing throughout my hushed apartment.

Three measly days.

The words flickered through my mind, pouring gasoline across the spark of my anger. As the gasoline--my thoughts--trickled over the few, small obedient flames--my anger, the blaze seemed to erupt and fill the cool, empty void--my heart--blackening it further and destroying anything in its path.

Thick grey smoke billowed up from the imaginary flame that ran ablaze inside my heart and mind; it forming large, grey hands to grip my smooth, s/c neck and refuse me of the oh-so-sweet oxygen that I desired.

'Or,' I thought, 'Maybe I'm just going about this too philosophically. This is probably just my anxiety acting up.' A weight crushing down on me brought me back to reality, Soul's laugh echoing throughout my small room.

"What the-," I began, thrashing harshly between my bed and the weight above. When I finally managed to flip myself over, my crystal e/c eyes were mere centimeters away from fiery red ones, the owner's pearly white smirk contrasting with his eyes in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Normally, I'd be happy to see Soul, but one thing in particular about him rekindled the flame of anger smoldering in my heart.

He's a boy.

I know, I know; I sound like a five-year-old screaming, "Coooooties!" but I just can't help it. I've had enough of the male population even if I've only been tasked with two of their race. (The most annoying two, in my opinion.)

I shoved Soul off me--a groan of sadness reverberating through him as he flopped down beside me. My eyes wandered my room to view the new trinkets that accumulated through it over these past three days. The items varied from flowers to necklaces to chocolates, all sprawled out across the limited space I had left on my desk and dresser.

Basically, it looks like I crashed and looted a 5th grade Valentine's Day party. Score!

"Who shoved a stick up your ass?" Soul pouted sarcastically. I rolled my eyes in return as I shifted to face him, a mischievous smirk suddenly tugging at his pale lips. "Was it Kid or Nathan?"

"Leave the sass to me, mister. I'm the OG here," I scolded in mock-seriousness, my facade fading as I let out a large, obnoxious groan, "And it was a team effort."

"Aw, that's cute," Soul squealed in the girliest voice he could muster, "They're batting for the same team!"

"Aw, that's cute," I mocked, "The gayest straight man alive made a gay joke about two straight men," Soul raised an eyebrow, "Fine, alleged straight men."

"Mhm, yep, that's more like it," He laughed. "And I'm so not gay."

"Sure, honey, and I'm not a bitch."

"No, no you aren't," Soul smiled cheekily, "But your sister is!" I gasped and held in my laughs.

"Did you just throw shade at your girlfriend?"

"Call me Slim Shady."

"Nah, I think I'll call you gay."

"And we're back to this!" Soul cried, manic laughter bursting from my lips. "You bitch."

"Aha!" I exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You admitted I'm a bitch, so that means you have to be gay!"

"Great logic, did you get it off of Reddit?"

"Yep, the same place you found your girlfriend."

"Please, Sadie isn't Reddit quality," Soul laughed, "She's more of a Craigslist girl," Soul and I burst out laughing, our sides aching as we rolled around on my bed. After a solid five minutes, our laughs and snorts had finally died down; Soul and I resting on our sides to face each other. "So, are you having boy issues, then?"

"You know, you're probably the last person I would've thought I'd have this conversation with a few weeks ago."

"Nah, I'd like to think Liz or Kid would be last on that list," Soul muttered with a small smirk. I replied with a weak laugh and nod, the albino next to me grabbing my hand in comfort. "Now, what's going on?"

Time slipped through our fingers as we talked about our problems, him going off about his as soon as I finished venting about how Kid and Nathan showered me with gifts and annoying amounts of attention over the past few days.

It reminded me of how Evelyn and I used to sit on my bed do these kinds of things, my mind wandering to how she's probably out partying with the populars now. She always was more sociable than I was.

As my heart continued to fracture, I felt Soul's warmth and care desperately trying to harbor it away from the pain, him slowly piecing me back together, deliberately or not, from all the terrible falls I've had. Though all of my best friends have been known to leave me, Soul definitely made me feel at ease.

Ring, ring, ring, ring.

~

AN: Ayyyy cliffhangers I've missed you.

You thought there'd be no plot development in this cute and fluffy little chapter but you were

W R O N G. (Get Scared plays in the distance)

QOTD: If you had to ask me one question, what would it be? (Ask in le comments and I may answer :P)

Goal: 6 votes, 15 comments.

36 hours to roast this shit in the comments and make me laugh. Dedication to the winner of my choice :P

Thanks for 2K+ reads XP

k bai

~Christy <3