20

//Update 7/18/20: fluffy fluffy fluffy content

Y/n's POV

I ran to class as fast as my s/c legs would carry me, the door with the words 'Crescent Moon' hanging above it nearly in sight. Small pants escaped my parted lips as my heels clicked against the floor, my hand coming in contact with the doorknob as I twisted and threw the door open.

I was met with a nearly full classroom, the students talking amongst themselves in the layered rows of seating. I went to sit at the back of the class where Evelyn was sitting already, but a pale hand had gripped my wrist and pulled me down to sit with him.

"Hey," Soul greeted, releasing my wrist once I had been seated properly. "You're going to sit here from now on, okay?"

"Do I have a choice?" I shot back, running my fingers through my now-messy h/c hair in an attempt to brush it out.

"No, none at all," Soul smirked, "Also, what the hell happened to your hair?"

"Running."

"From?"

"A demon known as Liz," I muttered, getting the final knot out of my h/l hair. "Kid stayed back and suffered for me. I pity his poor soul." An unwilling blush rose to my cheeks at the thought of what he had said to me before I left, 'What's gotten into him?'

"See? He's not such a bad guy!" Soul said while resting his arm on my shoulders, a playful look displayed on his face.

"Yes he is, he just happened to be less of a jackass today. Now get off me!" I exclaimed while shoving off Soul's arm, wincing a bit from the hidden injuries Maka had given me. The two of us continued to bicker playfully until Stein entered, a silence enveloping the entire classroom. As Stein began to talk about how the project was going to work my focus dwindled, my eyes scanning the room for a raven haired reaper. Catching sight of no such person I sighed, wondering what Liz was doing to the poor kid.

'Oh well,' I shrugged, trying fruitlessly to brush off the thought as class continued on. I hesitantly watched the clock as the agonizing seconds ticked by, Kid and Liz never entering the classroom. Getting fed up, I raised my hand high in the air to which Stein stopped his speech for.

"Yes, Ms. L/n?" Stein asked formally.

"May I please use the restroom?"

"Yes, but please do hurry back," Stein nodded to me as I made my descent down the stairs, his bright green orbs locking with mine.

'Go find him,' his eyes practically ordered, though the room remained quiet. I nodded back and broke our gaze, rushing out of the classroom to begin my desperate search. After running through the never-ending twisted corridors for a few minutes I stopped, resting my sweaty palms on my thighs as I took sharp breaths in and out.

'Damn, I'm out of shape.'

Closing my eyes and standing up straight, I took one last deep breath in before opening my eyes again. The world around me turned an inky black, its dark tint licking my body as my eyes roamed the halls. Whimpers and sobbing met my ears, my eyes whipping over to where I heard the sound. Sure enough, a bored-looking red soul with stripes floated there.

Forcing my vision to return to normal, I ran to where I saw the soul. Upon arrival I saw Death the Kid sprawled out on the floor, his fists punching the black and white tiles until they began to bleed. "Kid?! What happened? What did Liz do to you?" Kid sniffled and looked up at me, multiple tears sliding down his face as he tried to form a coherent sentence.

"L-Liz...," he began, his sniffles creating breaks in his sentences. "Never c-came, I just c-couldn't handle it... I thought I could b-but because I'm a worthless Reaper I let it b-bother me." Sighing, I dropped onto the floor next to him and rubbed his back gently, knowing that I had no choice but to repay my debt to him from earlier.