38

//A month without uploading and she comes back with a tag. Guys, I know it's only been a few days but this is just fuckin sad!

 Guys, I know it's only been a few days but this is just fuckin sad!

~if you know what that's from comment bc ily~

I'm adding Troye Sivan's song "Talk Me Down" because oml I'm obsessed xD. Listen while reading for the full effect ;) (Gotta immerse yourself in the shitty fanfic... become the shitty fanfic...)

This chapter may be a bit confusing at first, but I promise it'll all come together by the end... sort of.

~

Kid's Pov

Romance is stupid.

Lonely Kid.

Unloved Kid.

Man-whore Kid.

That's all I am in the eyes of the public, their conversations with me built on the query, "So hey, about that party, can I come?".

You'd think that I would've had enough of this life by now, it built on drugs, alcohol, and meaningless one night stands. I'm just unwanted scum, to be quite honest, hanging on to my hollow reputation like it's the only thing pumping oxygen through my lungs.

But you were once wanted. My mind prodded, images of a beautiful girl flooding my crestfallen cogitations. She cared.

I leaned back dejectedly against the smooth walls of the shack perched near the skate ramps, the color painting the surface slowly chipping away and showing the bland, white tint that rested underneath. The building was slowly wearing away, just like my sanity as my thoughts began to corrode it.

The paint is chipping away, Kid, your true colors are showing.

I folded my arms across my chest while my lips formed into a hard line, sorely unamused as my thoughts began to corrode my heart.

You know that feeling, right? When your thoughts purposely make you feel worse than you already do in the first place just for the hell of it, bringing back the sad memories that you really don't want to remember?

'Jesus, Kid, you're going insane,' I thought to myself with a chuckle, tilting my head back against the frigid wall behind me. 'Asking questions to nobody but yourself. If you keep this up, you'll have more problems than just your stupid crush.'

And this brings us back to why romance is stupid. Honestly, 'stupid' doesn't even begin to describe it. Love is naive, ludicrous, futile, foolish, and just overall plain dumb. The idea of saving your heart for a single person--it only beating for them-- is insane.

Yet I still feel it--that suffocating feeling you get when they talk to you, yet at the same time, it feels as if their words fill your lungs. The way the thought of them clouds your mind every second of every day.