47

//Would you look at that, a new chapter appeared!

~

I'm so tired.

My bones ache and my mind screams in agony as I watch the horrific scene before me, the pretty boy sat across the table completely ignoring my presence.

Not like he cared for it in the first place.

Nathan was shamelessly kissing his girlfriend--the green-haired devil sat in his lap--in the 'privacy' of the cafe, passers-by either grimacing or sending a look of pity in my direction. I guess I looked as disappointed as I felt because one girl even whispered for me to stay strong as she passed. I know I shouldn't be too affected by his betrayal--after all, he wasn't the best suitor throughout our relationship, not even close to it--but it still hurt to lose someone who acted as if they cared about me.

Once the couple before me finally broke apart, they gave each other a hazy-eyed, love-sick glance before resuming their kiss (much to my discontent). For god's sake, it's like getting a front-row seat to some X-rated film!

I nearly forgot about a very important prick--VIP, if you will--who had just recently arrived at the very Death Bucks I was currently seated in as well. I say 'nearly' because, at the moment, I'm kind of eating her hair.

I can't blame her for trying to pass by our table as quickly as possible, but in doing so, not only did she bump into my chair, but she also threw her hair over her shoulder and onto me, giving me a face full of bleach blonde rubbish. What an amazing day I'm having.

"Ugh, get out of my way!" Liz shrieked as she struggled to get through the small gap between me and the innocent person behind me, Liz's shark-like eyes piercing through my very soul. "Ew, it's you!"

"Nice to see you too," I grumbled. I really wasn't in the mood for her shit.

I pressed my palms flat onto the table and stood up to match her height, giving Liz a sarcastic salute before making my way out of the store. If only my legs could have carried me out faster, I sighed to myself sadly, because, like a fly, I was trapped within Liz's sickeningly sticky web before I even knew it.

Her hand was wrapped around my feeble wrist firmly--harsh enough to give me light bruises--her smirk sharp and twisted. Oh boy, was I in for it.

Nathan and his bitch finally broke for air, noticing Liz's presence with wide eyes.

"L-Liz? What are you doing here?" Nathan asked with what sounded like a hint of fear in his voice.

"Just wanted to congratulate you on breaking poor little F/n's heart. I knew you could do it~," Liz sang, folding her arms atop my head whilst laying her head on them. 

The confirmation of my prior accusations washed over me like a tsunami, my body becoming hot, and my head swimming. 'Great, so glad that Liz has everyone in the DWMA under her thumb. What does that mean about Kid and Ev and even Soul?' The world was spinning; I don't know how much more I can take.

"Looks like your boyfriend never actually loved you, F/n. Poor, poor you. Wanna cry, hmm? You have a live audience waiting to see those tears of yours!" Liz extended her arm to all of the people in the shop, the tears she oh-so-wanted to see burning in the corners of my eyes. Not for Nathan, as she would've anticipated, but out of fear of what she was working on behind the scenes. Just how many more ploys did she have to ruin my life? "Oh, sorry Nathan, I wouldn't want to demote you to 'boyfriend' of this trash. Like, standards."

Liz shoved me into the table where I was previously sat, immense pain shooting up my spine. My lips remained pursed in a harsh line, not wanting to give Liz the satisfaction of seeing my pain.