Chapter 2

I walked upstairs to one of the bedrooms. My mom and dad were busy ordering around the movers so I decided to go ahead and pick out my room before Madison or my parents could. I walked into room by room. One had the bathroom right across from it.

“Convenient.” I thought to myself. I walked to the next one and saw it was a bit larger and connected to another bathroom. It had a perfect view of the outside street. I opened the window and propped my elbows where I could lay my chin in my palms. The kids that were playing earlier were being called in by their mothers. The older ones moved down the street, towards the dead end. I sighed then walked out the room.

I walk to the next room and this one had a balcony that overviewed the large back yard. The iron bars were twisted and bent outwards. In reality, it was the same size as the first room, but sadly, no bathroom nearby. I sighed and stepped out to the beautiful view of outside on the balcony.

“Demi, did you choose a room yet?” called out my mother from downstairs.

“I think I just did.” I called back out. The sun was setting, making a beautiful view. I sighed deeply and smiled.

I walked downstairs and saw four or five boxes with my name scrawled on it.

“Sweetie the movers will take the bed frames and mattresses up in a bit, did you choose a room?” my mom asked hurriedly. The movers were making a bit of a mess so she began to get anxious. She crouched down to pick up a small box for the kitchen.

“Yea, the one with the balcony.” I said.

“Don’t you want the one connected to the bathroom?” my mom asked surprised, lifting up the box.

“Nope, I like the view.” I said with a smile. My mom smiled back and took the box in the kitchen.

“Oh Demi, while their moving the heavy things upstairs, can you take Maddie to the park down the road?”

“Sure.” I said. Madison hopped down the stairs with her rag doll our grandmother gave to Dal, who passed it on to me, which I passed to her. The doll already lost an eye and practically bald, but she still loves that doll.

“Did someone said I’m going to the park?” called out the little girl sweetly.

“Yes, were going right now if you want.” I said. She nodded eagerly. My mom opened a window shutter that opened up and gave a clear view of the kitchen from the living room. Maddie runs out and waits for me on the porch.

“Here’s the spare keys, don’t be out to long!” my mother said happily. I waved at her goodbye and closed the door behind me. We walked down the front steps and headed towards the park, since our house was 10 houses down from a dead end, it won’t be hard to find. When we reached the dead end, there was the park. Madison instantly ran towards the slides, tossing me her doll at the moment. I smile and sit down on the park bench and scrolled though my Tumblr on my phone. About 10 minutes of Tumblr, Twitter, and games have passed when a voice in front of me came up.

“Excuse me?” I look up and I see a guy, no older than I standing in front of me. He had black short-ish hair that came up in the front, chocolate brown eyes and a stubble coming from all over his lower face.

“Uh…” I was kinda shocked. This guy was beautiful. What was he doing talking to me? I compare to the image of a monkey.

“What’s your name?” he said with a smile.

“Uh, Demi.” I said, still confused.

“I’m Joe. I saw you walking down here when I was walking with my brother. Did you just move in? I haven’t see you before. How old are you? What grade are you?”

“Whoa, whoa, slow down.” I laughed. His cheeks went red a little and scratched the back of his head with an awkward smile.

“Sorry.” He said with a chuckle.

“To answer your questions, yes I just moved in. I’m 17, and a senior, well supposed to be anways, I think the school I’m supposed to go to is called Mount High?” I smiled.

“Oh! Is it that white house like two blocks down? And that’s the same school I’m going to!” he said excitedly.

“At least I’ll know someone my first day.” I chuckled.

“And yea actually. We just got here like 10 minutes ago.” I continued.

“Yea, I’m two houses before you! How crazy is that?” he smiled and sat down next to me.

“Ha, I guess so.” I said. We stayed quiet for a moment.

“Demi I’m bored.” My sister walks up to me, slumping her shoulders for exaggeration.

“Alright.” I sighed. I stood up and handed Maddie her doll. Joe stood up the same time.

“Well it was nice meeting you Joe.” I said calmly.

“Will I see you again? There aren’t that many pretty girls to hang out with here.” I felt myself blush as he put on a smirk. He called me pretty.

“Maybe. Until then.” I said with a smile, holding out my hand. He takes it and smile.

“Until then, Demi.” I felt my face flare up and I turn and push Maddie forward.

“That boy is nice.” She sighed. I smile a bit as we walked farther down the street.

He called me pretty.

~*~

The sun went down and the older kids who went to the park were just arriving home along with us. The movers were just leaving as we got home. I thought Joe would have caught up with us somehow and continue to talk, but I was wrong.

Wow, not even a full hour here and I already became clingy to a guy I just meet.

I unlock the door and saw that the furniture was in place but boxes with packaging peanuts scattered around them.

“Peanuts!” squealed my sister as she ran, climbed onto the couch and jumped into one of the larger boxes, making peanuts fly up in the air.

“Madison no!” shouted my mom a little too late. She groaned in frustration and walked over and kissed me on the cheek.

“Did you guys have fun? Meet anyone new?” she said tiredly.

“Yea, I meet a boy that lives a couple of house down from us apparently.” I said.

“That’s good make new friends. Madison no!” she shouted as my sister grabbed handfuls of peanuts and threw them in the air. I smiled and ran up to my room. I guess the movers had the courtesy to move my boxes as well because at the foot of my bed frame was the boxes. My dresser was put aside and my desk was placed by my bed. I sighed and used my new house key to open the boxes and took out my bed sheets. I fix my bed and pull out my pillows that were in the bottom of the box, along with some clothing and laid down.

“I’ll just start tomorrow.” I thought as I buried my face into my pillow.

I began to fall into a deep sleep…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is kinda short sorry >_< i'll make it up to y'all once school starts cuz for some reason i'm inspired when im pressured? Anyways Hope you all had an awesome summer vacation wherever you guys are!

Vote and Comment Lovelies!!

~Jen :3