Chapter 12

I was squished in-between my boyfriend, and his brother, who just two seconds before he got here, I was about to kiss. I scooted closer to Joe and kept my eyes glued to the screen. Nick stared at the screen as well. As the credits rolled, Joe stretched his arms then placed one over my shoulders. I stiffened up uncomfortably, which he noticed.

“Babe what’s wrong?” he whispered in my ear.

“Uh…” I looked around as saw the clock. It read 4:45 pm.

“Uh, my mom! Yea, she’s going to be back any second, and I don’t want her to think anything when she sees you both here! She might be nice but she’s very overprotective.” I said quickly. I quickly look over to Nick in a flash second. His eyes showed a bit of gratitude for me to get us two out of this awkward situation.

“Are you sure? Do you want me to come back later?” asks Joe, a bit doubtful from the sound of his voice.

“Joe, I’m pretty sure how my mom is. So unless you both want me grounded until we graduate, just come back in like 10 minutes?” I asked, a bit calmer now, to sound more convincing. He sighed then stood up. Nick stood up as well, keeping his blanket on his shoulders. Joe walks over and kisses me gently on the lips then backs to the door.

“I’ll see you guys later then.” I sighed. They nod then walked out. The rain had turned into a drizzle since Joe came back. Once I saw them go down the sidewalk and into their yard, I groaned and flopped over on the sofa. I rub my eyes and cough a little. Could this afternoon get any worse?

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5 minutes till 5. Obviously, she wouldn’t be here exactly at 5, but this is just too much.

“Demi!” The door swung open a bit hard, slamming to the wall. Michelle walks in, holding boxes and bags of candy, tissues, and homework.

“Is the door open?” I giggled. I stood up and greeted her with a hug. She put all the stuff down then hugged me back.

“Yep. You should lock it, or else next time, it would be a stranger that opens it.” She giggles. We sit down on the sofa, opening a huge bag of skittles.

“Why are you happy today?” I giggled. Her over excitedness seems too off since her ex-boyfriend broke up with her yesterday and that he almost kissed me. Well, I think I’ll keep that part a secret from her.

How did I get into this mess? Just two months before, I was bullied, ignored, and pushed aside by everyone at school. Now I almost cheated on my boyfriend with his brother, which also happens to be my best friend’s ex-boyfriend.

Lovely.  

“Because everything seemed to go right today!” she sighed. She said in a bit of an unhappy tone, but she kept a small smile.

“You want to watch a chick flick?” Michelle brought me back to the real world.

“Oh, uh yea.” I said a bit confused. She took the remote and clicked My Sister’s Keeper.

“Hey girls.” My mom opened the door with her keys, and walked in with grocery bags. I help her out and Michelle closes the door for her.

“How was your guy’s day?” She puts down the bags on the counter and placed her stuff along with it.

“Great!” chirped Michelle.

“Alright I guess.” I sighed. I unpacked the plastic bags and helped my mom put away the things. Once I finished, I went back with Michelle to the living room to watch the movie.

“So what you do all day sickie?” asked Michelle with a mouthful of chips.

“Like I said, nothing. Loving your grammar by the way.” I giggled, coughing right after.

“Wow, you sound like a 60 year old man with tuberculosis.” She said worried.

“The detail is great too.” I said, half-choking.

“Sassy much?” she giggled.

“Sorry, I’m just tired, and my head hurts.” I sighed, smiling.

“Alright. Why don’t you go to sleep, I’ll help out your mom.” She said standing up.

“When did you get so close with my mom?” I giggled.

“Just go to bed.” She commanded, laughing. I laugh then walk upstairs. My bed looks so lonely. I flop down, then cover myself with the warm duvet. I was soon taken to a sick dreamless sleep.

*Nick’s POV*

When we reached home, Joe slammed me into the wall. I groan out in pain as my sore back came in contact with the paint-covered drywall.

“What the hell were you doing over there?” he growled. He doesn’t intimidate me. He never did, although he never stops trying to. I just chuckle and shake my head.

“You know if you keep doing that, I’ll have to tell on you.” I chuckled. He presses his arm against my chest, moving upwards towards my neck.

“This isn’t a fucking joke. What. Were. You. Doing. Over there?” he said in between his teeth.

“Guys quit it. I don’t understand why you both fight so much. It isn’t healthy.” Said a familiar voice behind us. I look over Joe’s shoulder as he turns around. Standing behind us was Kevin, our older brother. Joe let go of me roughly as we glare at each other. Kevin stood in between us, pushing Joe back and keeping me from pouncing on Joe, which I was ready to do in any second.

“Tell me what the hell you were doing over there.” Said Joe, a bit loudly.

“You told me to apologize to her. And I did. That’s all.” I said a bit quietly. Joe, again forced me to apologize. But this time with the help of the other football players who are easily twice the size of Joe. But something inside of me also made me want to apologize to her. But I would never tell Joe that.

“That should have just been 10 seconds. Why were you over there?” he said. Kevin groaned as he held back Joe.

“She told me to stay, I can’t do much about it.” I said calmly. Joe stared at me for a few seconds, then stomped off upstairs.

“You guys have to stop fighting like this. Has he tried anything while I was gone?” sighed Kevin. He goes to the University about 20 minutes away. Sure you might say its close by, but he is a full time student with a full time job. It’s a rarity that he comes over, but when he does, he stays the longest he can. He is the only one I could really trust in this house.

“No, but you know that all he is, is empty threats. He never does shit to me.” I coughed then walked over to the sofa.

“One of these days, he will, which I am scared of, because I won’t be here to take care of you.” He ruffled my hair and I swat his hand away, chuckling.

“What is the fight about this time?” he sits down next to me so we could talk quietly without Joe hearing.

“His girlfriend. He thinks that I like her.” I sighed.

“And?” he said raising an eyebrow.

“And it’s true.” I sighed.

_____________________________________

Soooooo guess what it's my birthdayyyyyyyy! I am offically 17! people still call me a baby though /.\

I finally found a way to put Kevin in this book!! you have no idea how difficult it was to do it somewhat subtly. (Kevin Gif on the sidee ~>)

I posted a preview for a new book called 'The Unwanted' so i would be greatful if you guys checked it out. I won't be writing it until i have some of the fanfics i have currently are finished.

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen c: