Chapter 6

I woke up startled to the shrill noise of my alarm clock at 7 in the morning. I groaned and rolled over to shut off the clock. I slowly stripped of my sheets and shivered. I left the door open to the outside, and it decided to be below 0 this morning. A thick layer of fog covered everything outside, not allowing me to see farther than my hand outstretched in front of me. I sighed and stepped back inside, closing the door behind me. I opened the door to the hallway and felt a warm rush of air flow inside.

“Your clock is too loud.” Groaned Maddie, rubbing her eyes and walking out of her room.

“Sorry Maddie, but you know how I’m a heavy sleeper.” She shrugged her shoulders and walked back into her room. I went in and took a shower to remove the sweat and gunk from last night and I stepped out clean and fresh. I get dressed as quickly as possible and head down stairs, my hair still damp.

“Hey sweetie, how you sleep?” my mother asked.

“Alright I guess. I left my door to outside open so it was a bit cold.” I grab a piece of toast and turn to get my favorite jacket I left in the living room.

“Why was your door open?” she asked. I stop dead in my tracks once I processed on how telling her that was a horrible idea.

“It felt a bit stuffy. So I opened it and I guess I forgot to close it?” I said, coming out like a question, I mentally slap myself for it.

“Are you sure? We had the thermostat on 78. Maybe your just getting a fever.” She places her hand on my forehead. “You’re a bit warm.”

“If I feel bad after school, I’ll tell you ok?” I said hurriedly. Nick and Joe are probably waiting for me outside.

“Call me if you feel sick any time before!” she called out as I rushed out.

“Will do! Bye!” I said before closing the door. Nick waited outside, leaning on my mom’s car. I froze for a moment, trying to shake off the weird feeling I had about him. He was acting just TOO casual, after from everything that happened last night.

“What happened to Joe?” I asked finally. We walked down the street in our usual pace.

“Killer hangover. Worst one yet, I suppose. Our mom thought it was the flu.” He answered back.

“Ah.” We walked silently down the sidewalk. My mind was racing from thoughts about last night. Should I say something? We were both intoxicated, but barely. Dose he remember? We were a block away from the school, when he surprised me with a question.

“So, did you finish the math homework?”

“You think? It was midnight when we got home.” I said with a bit of sarcasm. He chuckled and we finally reached the grounds of the school. Like yesterday, kids hung out in the front of the school in little social groups. I put my hood on and walk the opposite direction from Nick, who was walking towards the obnoxious group of guys. I walk inside the school, which had a few students inside. A group of girls, obviously freshman, and even more plastic than a Barbie doll, whispered as I walked towards my locker. I grab my things and turn around to see one of the girls behind me.

“Oh, um…”

“Are you dating Joe?” she asked in a straight forward manor.

“Uh, no…”

“Oh. Good.” She said flipping her long blond hair.

“Um, excuse me, but why do you care?” I asked.

“Why do YOU care?” she asked sternly.

“Uh just wanted to know. He is my friend after all.” I answered. I was trying to be more confidant, he is my friend after all.

Isn’t he?

“Well, let’s just say Joe and I have a thing going on, and I don’t want you messing that up. You got that?” she said, trying her best to be scary. But this girl is a good two inches shorter than me. There is no way she can terrified me. I try my best not to laugh at her attempts to scare me.

“Sure thing.” I hold back my laughter as she swishes her hair and walks back with her friends as they walk down the hall.

“What was that?” laughs Michelle as she walks to her locker.

“I don’t know, but it was too dam hard not to laugh in her face.” I giggled. As she opened her locker a note fell out. She picks it up and opens it.

“Meet me by the school fountain at lunch. What do you think this is all about?” she asked.

“I don’t know. Secret lover?” I giggled. She slaps me playfully on the arm and folds the note back up again and puts it in her cardigan pocket.

“Well, looks like I’ll just have to find out.” She said.

“Wait your serious?” she closes her locker and looks at me.

“Yea I am. It’s not every day you get a note. Kinda thrilling don’t you think?” we head towards English slowly.

“Yea, I guess.” I mumbled. We walk in and sit down in our usual seats as the bell rang and the teacher greeted the class.

I didn’t go to the table, knowing that Michelle wouldn’t be there and even though Janice doesn’t know I saw the whole thing with her and Nick, I can’t be around her knowing everything. I took my bag lunch and walked around the school until I reached a secluded area in the school gardens. It was pretty and lots of shade, so I sat down on a bench and got started on my sandwich. From where I sat I had a clear view of the fountain but, only from one side. I saw two figures moving behind the curtain of water. One leans in to the second then moves away. The second figure walks away and I can finally see that it was Michelle, holding a rose.

Score one for Demi!

I got up and cleaned up my trash and ran towards the door the same time as Michelle.

“I knew it. I KNEW IT!” I laughed. Her face turned a shade of pink as we walked in the school.

“Soooo, who’s the luck boy?” I joked.

“I think it’s better if you saw for yourself.” She giggled, her cheeks still tinted pink.

“Aw, why don’t you tell me?” I whined jokingly.

“Well…” we reach her locker as she trails off.

“Well?” Just then Nick walks over to us.

“Hey Nick.” I smiled. Michelle turned around.

When I thought he was walking towards me to hug me, I never thought what I saw next would be ever a possibility. Not even in my dreams. Or in my Nightmares.

He walks over and instead drapes his arm over Michelle and kisses her temple. My mouth made a perfect 'O' shape.

“Demi, Nick and I are going out.” she said timidly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay I finnaly updated! 

Sorry it took this long for a chapter that isn't even that long. I had a huge mental block for the last few days, it even affected school! but i guess i finally got rid of it so here you are! 

And i just had to put this cliff hanger (or whatever this is) because, well, it didn't hava enough drama, for my standards anyways.

I SWEAR WHEN I WORTE THE FIRST PART WITH THE FRESHMAN GIRLS THE FIRST THING THAT POPPED IN MY HEAD WAS MEAN GIRLS XD So here is a lovely pic from the movie ~>

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

Until next time,
~Jen :3