Chapter 14

The next morning I felt a lot better than the day before. I got ready for the day and ran down stairs.

"Hey, I see your feeling much better." Said my mother happily, hobbling over to me.

"Yea, But I think you should stay here. Didn't your boss say anything?" I asked. She sighed and smiled.

"He said the same thing. Surprised that I actually came to work in that thing. I might be just a receptionist, but I noticed how much I actually had to walk in the blasted building." She sighed.

"Don't worry mom, just relax at home, you deserved the break, with your foot completely swollen." I smiled. She kissed my forehead and handed me a muffin.

"Now hurry up, Joe and his brother has been waiting outside for ages." She giggled.

"What do you mean, it's only 7:30." I said surprised.

"No, it's 7:50, now hurry up all three of you are going to be late." I nodded quickly and ran out the door, swinging my book bag behind me.

"What took you so long?" teased Joe.

"Sorry, lost track of time!" I answered hopping in the front seat. I turn around and shyly wave and Nick who greeted me with a small smile and a head nod. Once we reached school, we had only 5 minutes left. We walked in with the rest of the students who flooded inside the school doors and moved to our lockers.

"Demi! What took you so long?" Michelle popped up next to me, surprising me.

"God, Michelle, give me a heart attack why don't you?" I clutch my chest for dramatic effect. She giggled, but then she loses her smile and her eyes widen.

"I-I'll see you in class." Said Michelle as she hurried the other way, off towards class. I turn to what she was looking at, and I see Nick heading towards me. He didn't have his little gang of friends with him and he looked a little nervous.

"Hi Dem." He walks out next to me, shoving his fists in his pockets.

"Hi Nick." I close my locker and clutch onto my books.

"So, uh, I need to talk to you." He said a bit unsure. The minute bell rang and a rush of students begun to run towards their class.

"Can this wait until break or lunch? I really have to go." I turn around and start walking towards class.

"OK then I'll talk to you at lunch!" he shouted from where he stood. I turn around quickly and give him a thumbs up then walked in the boor before the bell rang.

"I expect you to be in your seat by the last bell, Ms. Lovato." My teacher singling me out and I could hear the class snicker.

"S-Sorry sir." I mumbled as I made my way to my seat, slouching down in it to hide myself from my classmates.

"Hey Demi, is it alright if I leave you alone at lunch? I have to go to a club meeting." Whispered Michelle next to me.

"That's fine." I sighed.

"Are you going to be alright? I can take you with me if you want, but I don't think debate is your thing..."

"Michelle, it's alright." I giggled "I needed to talk to someone anyways."

"Is it Joe? You don't want me to be a cock block do you?" she giggled.

"Funny. Now what's the answer to number two on the board?" I asked pointing my pencil to the chalkboard. She was cut off by a tone from the speaker.

"Attention students. I would like to announce that Demitra Lovato is the most amazing girl in this school." Rang Joe's voice though the classroom. Students begun to laugh as I slumped in my chair even more, covering my eye with my beanie out of sheer embarrassment.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" shouted someone faintly in the background.

"Crap!" he said before turning off the mic, then setting off the fire alarm. Everyone started to either laugh or cover their ears to the shrill sound of the fire alarm.

"This is a false alarm, stay in you classrooms!" said someone over the speaker, a bit out of breath, then signs off. Joe slides in front of the door then hangs from the doorway. He sees me then blows me a dramatic kiss before running away from the school's dean's failed commands for him to stop. Everyone cheered and laughed, despite the teacher's constant attempts to calm them down.

"Your boyfriend's really something." Laughs Michelle. I just groan and hide my red face. After what seemed like forever, the teacher got the class settled.

When class ended, I find Joe waiting for me outside of class.

"Hey there gorgeous." He said with a sincere smile. He kisses my forehead and hugs me tightly.

"You are completely insane, you know that." I laugh.

"Yea, but did you like it?" he smiled. We walk down the hallway, passing by other distracted teens.

"Of course. Other than the fact that now the entire student body knows who I am." I sigh.

"Hey, that's not so bad."

"Yea, but you know how I feel about attention, Joe." I sigh. He stops in front of me and hold my hands.

"Sorry about that. But you mean a lot to me, and I just had to." He kisses my knuckles and I smile a bit.

"How bad did you get in trouble?" I sigh.

"A week of lunch detention." He mumbled. I shake my head and giggle.

"Just swear that you stay out of trouble for the rest of the week." He puts his hand over his chest then puffs it out.

"I swear it on my life! And my guitar! And my car! You know what, never mind about the car, I need that." he says proudly. I giggle and shake my head to his stupidity. He chuckles and I lift myself up to peck his lips. The bell rings and we part ways.

I didn't pay attention the classes before lunch. Not even during the break did I listen to Michelle's jokes and random comments, because my mind kept on wandering to what Nick wanted to talk about.

Was it about Michelle?

Was it what happened yesterday?

Was it about me?

The bell to our last class rung and Michelle and I head out to our lockers. She was going on about how they should actually put toiletries in the little quarter dispenser in the bathrooms instead of just leaving them empty, while I gave my occasional comment to let her know that I'm listening. She stops all of a sudden and I stop to face at her to see what's wrong.

"I-I'll see you later." Stumbles Michelle as she runs back. I turn to our lockers and see Nick waiting there.

"Hey Demi." Said Nick softly, giving me a small smile.

"Hey Nick. So what is you wanted to talk about?" I ask a bit awkwardly, opening my locker and throwing my books in there.

"Well, could we talk outside?" he asks.

"Sure." I smile weakly, having a weird feeling in my gut.

____________________________________________

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry for leaving you guys like that i just had to cuz i have scool tomorrow and me being the procratonator i am, i left al my homework untill right now, i have to write a personal statement from scratch, do you know how DIFFICULT THAT IS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVE TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN A WAY THAT YOU DON'T SOUND LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT AND LIKE YOU ARE COLLEGE MATIRIAL?????? I'm doomed (/-\)

Hope you all had a good veterans day (here in the U.S) which to most of us is just a day off. But i have so much respect to veterans and to those who had lost thier loved ones in the war! I salute all of yous (excuse my bad grammer)

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen :3