Chapter 10

*Demi's POV*

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting against the roof and glass window. I was really dark, almost seems as if it was still it was 2 in the morning. I turn to my alarm clock hoping it was still 2am, but sadly, the green numbers say that it was 7am. What day is it today? Saturday? Sunday? My nose was congested, creating pressure on my forehead.

“Demi wake up! You have school!” shouted my mom from the other side of the door. I groaned loudly and rolled out of bed.

It was just your typical Wednesday.

I get up and go through my daily routine on autopilot. My mind, though, couldn’t think of anything, everything was fuzzy. I didn’t notice how tired I really was until I realized that I almost walked out of my room with my bra on top of my t-shirt. I fixed that small detail then walked out to the kitchen.

“Demi, you look horrible!” said my mother.

“Thanfs Mom.” I said. I tried breathing in with my nose, creating a gross noise. My mom winced with disgust.

“Where you out in the rain yesterday?” she scolded.

“Maybe.” I said. I coughed horribly and held onto the counter before I lost my balance.

“There is no way you’re going out there like that, you might get pneumonia!”

“Mom, I’m not going to get pneumonia, it’s just a little cold.” I grabbed a paper towel and blew my nose. I made a face at the amount of snot I just produced.

“I don’t care, stay home, I’ll call the school office.” She pushed be back to the stairs and I laughed. I love her overprotectiveness, only because it’s just how she is. I go back upstairs and take off my rain coat. I take off my clothing and put on my PJ’s back on, slipping back into the warm covers. I hear a knock downstairs with some mumbling. Familiar heavy steps up the stairs made me hide in my covers.

“Dem?” I hear Joe’s voice and a small knock.

“Go away I look gross.” I mumbled. He chuckled and I hear footsteps walk over to my side. I feel him sit down next to me. He gently pulls off the covers from my face.

“Whoa, you do look bad.” He said worriedly.

“Jerk.” I said, pulling the covers back over my face.

“I’m staying here to take care of you.” He chuckled. I pull the covers off my face quickly. I sit up and look at him seriously

“No, go to school, I’ll be fine on my own. You skip too much anyways, another one and they’ll give you detention. I don’t want that for you.” He looked at me with soft eyes, then sighed.

“Fine. But I’ll be right over after school.” I nod and he kisses my forehead before standing up. He walks to the door then turns around.

“You sure you’ll be alright by yourself?”

“Yea, I had sick days before, I won’t die.” I giggled. He smiled before waving bye then walked out the door. I walk over to my balcony and look through the window. Joe’s car lights turn on before pulling out of my driveway. I grab my blanket, wrapping it around me for warmth, then walk down stairs. My mom had her rain coat with an umbrella, putting on Maddie’s coat.

“So I have chicken soup left over in the fridge, eat that for lunch, make yourself something warm for breakfast, and I’ll see you around 5.” Said my mother in one breath.

“Alright. I’ll see you.” I smile.

“Oh, come here.” She said before hugging me.

“You sure you’ll be alright?” she asks.