Chapter 17

*Demi's POV*

Nick held on to me as I cried in his shoulder. I've been crying for a while now, but he comforts me so well, I just wanted to be in his arms. The sun has been down for a while now, no one is home, though. It's just me and Nick inside my living room. I stopped sobbing, it's just the uncontrollable flow of tears that's left. 

"You’re ready to talk now?" He whispered. I nodded and I lift up my head, wiping my tears. 

"I left a stain on your sweater." I giggle a bit, pointing to his shoulder. 

"Aw, it's alright, it's just mascara, isn't?" He smiles and I smile a bit too. My eyes feel swollen, but I rib them anyways to wipe off the runny makeup. 

"C-can you get a blanket please? It's kinda cold." I rubbed my arms to keep warmth. He just nodded and went upstairs. I stand up and walk over to the photos. I just placed a photo of me and Joe not too long ago. I haven't framed it yet, I just placed it there. I picked up the photo and ripped it where Joe and I are on separate pieces. I ripped Joe's half into smaller pieces until I couldn't rip it anymore. 

"Wow, you’re that mad?" I turn around and see Nick with my blanket from my bed folded neatly in his hands. I smiled then tosses it in the trashcan in the kitchen. I walked back out and sat next to him. He was holding a photo of Alex and I, one my mom took right before he died. 

"Your hair is black here." Said Nick. 

"Yea, my hair is originally brown. I didn't like it all that much so I dyed is completely black like two years ago. I just dyed it blond before coming here." I grabbed a price of hair and twiddled with it in my fingers. 

"Would you ever dye it a crazy color?" He asked, grabbing another piece and observing it. 

"Maybe. I kinda like blue, what you think?" I giggled. 

"You would look awesome! Like an anime character!" Chuckled Nick. I pushed him softly, laughing. 

"You never told me who this was." He pointed at Alex and I sigh softly. 

"He was my best friend before I moved here." 

"Was? What, you guys don't talk anymore?" Asked Nick. 

"He's dead." I was staring at Alex and his smile. How did he hide that hideous depression with that smile?

"Oh. I didn't know, I'm sorry." said Nick. 

"No it's alright. I don't talk about him much." I sighed. He scooted closer to means waited for me to talk. 

"He was my only friend. He had extreme depression, though, and didn't see the brighter side of things for himself. He killed himself last year. I found him too late." We were quiet for a while. 

"I'm sorry for your loss. I bet he was a great person." He said softly. 

"He was. I miss him a lot." I smiled. I got out of the blanket to put the photo back in its place. The house pine rang and I walk over to pick it up. 

"Hello?" 

"Honey? Sweetheart come over to the Italian place in town! We meet up the Jonas's there, we can have dinner together!" Said my mom cheerfully down the phone. I just hit me that only Nick knows what happened. 

"Alright, Nick and I will meet you there." I said down the phone. Nick gave me a confused look but I kept quiet. 

"Oh what happened with Joe?" 

"I'll tell you later. We'll see you there." I hung up and placed the phone back on the receiver. 

"What's going on?" He asked.