Chapter 4

Regular update!! 2 votes and ya'll got an early update on Thursday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell finally rang what felt late hours later. Pack up my things and wait for the rest of my class to leave before approaching Mr. Trump.

"Hello Demi." He said with a smile.

"Hi. Um, I know I came here in the middle of the school year, is there something I should do to catch up or...?"

"Actually, you got lucky. All you have to read Othello, and you'll be fine. Your old school transferred your records, and so far, you should be right on track." He looks over to his computer, opening a tab and scrolling through it.

"Ok. Thanks mister." I waved him goodbye and walked out into the crowded hallway. I check my schedule and see that I have math next. A familiar peppy voice behind me made me sigh in relief and turn around.

"Hey Dem! Where's your next class?" asked Michelle, pulling me out of the way of the moving traffic to the side.

"Uh, math, in 78C." I said, glancing at my paper.

"That's the next building over, I don't know anyone who is in there with you..." she trailed off and her face screwed into concentration.

"Hey Demi!" calls out someone. I turn to see that it was Nick, trying to move through the crowd over to us.

"Oh no, please don't tell me you know him." Groaned Michelle.

"Yea, why?" I tilt my head in question. Nick reaches us before she could answer and he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Mitch." Snickered Nick.

"It's Michelle and what are you doing here Nick?" she said sternly. I could already see the tension between them.

"Talking to my friend is all, is that a crime Michelle?" snickers Nick again.

"Whatever Nick. Come on Demi I'll show you to your next class, I have the one across from you anyways." She scowled.

"Wait, were is your class?" he asked. This made Michelle fuming.

"Uh, 78C." I answered.

"Hey I'm in your class!" he said happily, then smirking at Michelle. She huffed and crossed her arms.

"Nick you don't even go to class." She retorted.

"Hey, I need to graduate, don't I?" he said with the same smirk.

"Uh, guys? Maybe I should find my way by myself." I said quietly.

"Nonsense! You'll get lost, come on Dem." Michelle grabs my hand and drags me along the hall. We reach outside to a short walkway that lead to another building that looks similar to the one we were just in.

"Wait, Michelle, what was that all about?" I asked, stopping her.

"Nothing. He's a bad influence, always ditching to go drink or drugs, partying all the time. And he fucked probably half of the senior girls in like a semester. I don't think it's a good idea for you to be around those kind of people." She said a bit worried. I chuckle and smile.

"Don't worry, I can make my own friends and still stick to the right choice." I smiled. She sighed and we both walked into the building. I didn't see Nick at all, so I talked to the teacher and sat down with a heavy sigh. The final bell rings and the teacher got started.

"Ah, Mr. Jonas, glad to see you can finally make it." My eyes dart up from my sloppy notes and see him smirking at the teacher.

"Sorry Mrs. P" he said with a smirk.

"Maybe next time, you can come on time like the rest of us." She said as he waked over to me. I looked back down at my notes, trying my hardest not to look at him.

"Hey Dems." He said, sitting next to me. I look at him and flash a small smile before returning my attention to the teacher. She went on about fractions when I feel a nudge on my side. I flinch in reaction and move close to the other edge of the seat.

"Pst! Demi!" I turn around a bit annoyed. I didn't like to be poked because I was very ticklish.

"What?" I said, annoyed.

"Whoa, what's your problem?" he chuckled. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"I don't like being poked. Now what is it before we get in tr-"

"Ms. Lovato, Mr. Jonas, What are you doing back there?" announced the teacher. Everyone turned around and snickered. I felt my face go past crimson red. Everyone was staring at me and Nick.

"S-sorry" I stuttered.

"Sorry." Mumbles Nick. The teacher sighed and continued her lesson. I quickly glare at Nick who had a smirk and shrugged. I roll my eyes and pay attention once again.

"Pst." He whispered. I roll my eyes and mentally sent 'what?!?', my eyes widen with exaggeration.

"Theirs a party tonight. You want to go?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just got here three days ago, it's on a Monday night, and you already want me to go into the party scene?" I whispered.

"Hey, it's your choice."

"Is Joe going?" I whispered unintentionally. Right now, I'm not really processing what's coming out of my mouth. His lips flatten to a straight line.

"Yea. Why?" he asked, a bit annoyed.

"I- I just wanted to know." I mumbled. I look back down at the paper avoiding his gaze.

"So are you going?" he asked. I thought about it.

"I'll try to sneak out, just meet me by the back gate." I sighed. I turn around and see him with a smile. Not a smirk this time.

"Cool." He said before leaning back into his chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A REALLY short filler i know :( Sorry.

If you guys don't have the 2 votes i'll update on Friday!

PHOTO OF FETUS NICK ON THE SIDE I LOVE HIS HAIR WHY DID HE CUT IT OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE TT-TT ~~~~~~~~>>>>

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen :3