Chapter 15

*Nick's POV*

I lead her outside to the garden where the school fountain was. I felt as if I was going to vomit my mom's turkey sandwich i had for lunch all over, out of nervousness but I stood my ground and kept a small smile on. 

"So... what do you want to talk about?" asked Demi. Why was she so calm? While I’m here about to blow chunks, she's just sitting there with all the confidence in the world. And she isn't the most confident person ever, I should know. 

"I-I need to tell you something." her eyebrows furrowed in concern at me as I took a deep breath.

"Ok?" she said with concern.

"It's about you and Joe... and me." She lifts her eyebrows, surprised. Oh crap, don't say anything. Let me finish!

"O-oh..." she said quietly.

"The other day, Joe... uh, threatened me-"

"Hold on, he threatened you?!" she cut me off, not letting me finish my sentence. 

"I can't believe he did that! To his own brother!" She went off, talking to herself. She stands up and dramatically shouts at me and herself and waving her arms around for effect.

"Dem, listen to me! It's no big deal. He does it all the time! They're all empty threats." I stand up and grab her wrists gently to try to calm her down.

"But that isn't right! I know siblings have their fights but actual threats?!" 

"There is a lot that you don't know about Joe." I said softly, shaking my head. I sit her down and let go of her wrists.

"Either way, Joe doesn't want me talking to you anymore. He believes that we have a..." I stop there and she looks down on the floor while I nervously clear my throat.

"So you want us to stop talking?" she whispered. I just looked at her with a weak pity smile. Even though we couldn't be anything more, her friendship was the only thing that I had, which I valued. A little part of me hoped that she would try to stop this, after all, we are friends and then maybe she could, just maybe, leave Joe and be with me. But I knew she just really likes Joe in a way that she could never with me. But I had my hopes way too high, like always. I looked down to the floor and started to walk away.

"You know I can't do that right?" I turn around quickly and look at her with hope.

"We're friends, aren't we? I think I can make Joe understand. I know he will." she said with a smile. I smile back and I felt something flutter in the pit of my stomach. She then sighs dreamily and looks off in the distance, which catches me off guard.

"I just like that about Joe. He’s so understanding. There isn’t a lot of guys like that, you know? I mean, I haven’t actually had a boyfriend before Joe, but you get my gist, don’t you?”

“Uh, yea, sure.” I rolled my eyes, as she stands up and picks up her bag. Joe is anything but understanding, I know that for a fact, otherwise, he wouldn’t get in so many fights with me. The bell rings, signaling that lunch ended and we walked back to the hallways. A couple of sophomore girls snickered at us as we walked by, and Demi started to get red. I held onto her arm before she could run off.

“Just forget them, they don’t know the truth. Don’t satisfy their thirst for stupid drama.” I whispered at her. She nodded her head and we walked to her locker. To my disappointment, Joe was waiting for her there.

“Demi!” he said happily and song-like. “Nick.” He said more surprised and a little angered.

“Joe, I need to talk to you.” Said Demi sternly. The warning bell rings and kids rush to class.

“Well, I’ll be going to class. See you Dem, Joe.” I walked around the corner and stop to hide in a little space between the lockers. The hallways emptied and I could hear Demi and Joe perfectly from there.

“Don’t you have to go to class?” asked Joe.

“I’m a teacher’s assistant for Coach Garcia, he won’t mind, he’s too busy with the football team.” Said Demi.

“Oh, ok then.” Chuckled Joe.

“No, Joe, that’s not what I wanted to do.” Said Demi a bit coldly. I held in my laughter, knowing that Joe probably thought she wanted to just eat each other’s faces all period, and she just flatly rejected him.

“Oh… what is it then?” he asked.

“Nick told me that you threatened him to not talk to me anymore.” she said sternly.

“Threaten? No! I would never do that! He’s my little brother! He’s always one to be so dramatic, you know?” chuckled Joe. I rolled my eyes and continued to listen.

“It doesn’t matter if you actually did or not, I’m talking about how you wanted him to do that. I’m sorry, but Nick is one of my closest friends and you have to accept that.” I quietly danced in my spot, knowing I have her care more than Joe has hers.

“Come on, when did you guys get so close? You two were fighting two days ago!” he said a bit louder, but not loud enough to get them caught by a teacher inside a classroom.

“The day he apologized and won my trust back. And it doesn’t matter how we got close, it just matters to me that I still can hang out with who I choose.” Sighs Demi.

“Look Demi, I know you trust him, and I respect that, but I don’t! I’ve known him all my life and he isn’t someone I can trust very easily. Do you not see the way he looks at you?” I freeze in my spot.

“Joe, now you’re just being jealous.”

“I’m serious! And I’m not jealous!” scoffs Joe. Demi chuckles and I hear a bit of silence followed by what sounds like kissing. I faked gag and rolled my eyes.

“Trust me Joe, I could never do anything like that to you. Can you trust me?” says Demi sweetly. I rolled my eyes and scoffed to myself. She almost did do something like that yesterday, and with me too! How gullible can my brother get?

“Fine. I trust you.” Sighs Joe. I hear Demi giggle and another gag-worth kiss sound.

“Well I have to go, and you have to go to class.” Chuckles Demi. I freak out and I look everywhere for a place to hide so that neither Demi nor Joe would find out that I was listening the entire time.

“I have a free period! Don’t worry, I’ll stay out of trouble like I promised.” Said Joe. Demi giggled and I’m still freaking out. I see the janitor’s closet is open and I rush in and quietly close the door. I hide in the dark small room and peep out the little window from where I’m sitting. I see Demi’s dyed blond hair and Joe’s black messy hair bounce by and I wait a few minutes before getting up and walking out.

“Demi convinced him.” I whispered to myself.

“She convinced him!” I said louder and I did a little dance out in the middle of the hallway. My dancing skills are awful, but I don’t care. That is, until I do a spin and turn to see one of the leadership girls with a group of 8th graders. They were all trying their best not to laugh. I laugh fake and nervously and wave to the kids before running off down the hall.

___________________________________________________

Guess who's back with an update?????????????? 

So for all my American readers, HAPPY BELATED THAKSGIVUKAH (Thanksgiving and Hanukah together) and i hope you guys had a nice break with it! And for my other reader's around the world, i hope y'all have a good Christmas and New Years as well ^-^

How'd you guys like the chapter of only Nick's POV??? i know i do alot of mostly Demi and Nick at the end, or just Demi, but i hope you guys like it!

So i know this is REALLY late, but its really sad to say that the Jonas Brother's are no more. It really sucks, because i love the guys and it's just heartbreaking to see them break up after promising an entire tour and a new album. But i respect thier decision and they did what was best for them as a group and as well as a family. Just really sucks though :(

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen:)