Chapter 13

*Demi's POV*

You know that feeling that you get when someone is staring at you from afar?  I looked it up once and scientifically it's called 'signal detection theory'. It’s supposed to be this 'under the thresh-thingy' or whatever that you don't notice but you can feel it.

I woke up, but I was too tired to open my eyes. I just wanted to stay in my warm bed for as long as I can. A weird feeling came over me when I opened my eyes I saw two pairs of eyes staring back at me.

"Sweet mother of God!" I shouted as I moved back and fell off the edge of my bed, landing with a loud thud.

"I swear I'm going to murder you Michelle." I groaned as she collapsed on my chair, dying of laughter. Joe, on the other hand, rushes over to me and helps me up.

"Demi are you OK?" he asked worriedly. He gives me his hand to help me up but I slap it away to untangle myself from my sheets and get myself up. My hair had managed to create several tangles and knots in just an hour so my hair stood up in like an afro. Joe chuckled a little and fixed my hair the best he could. Michelle hid behind a tiny pillow, having a giggle fit. I began flinging toys and pillows at her as she laughed crazily, dodging them.

“Whoa, Demi calm down.” Laughed Joe. I couldn’t help but laugh as I hit her on the ankles and she falls to the ground, yelling in fake agony.

“I can see the light now! Tell my turtles… I love them!” she shouted dramatically.

“Get up drama queen.” I giggle as I help her up.

“Come on, your mom and I finished dinner. My mom let me stay over until after.” She said proudly.

“She burnt a pot when I got here.” whispered Joe. I giggled as she slapped his arm.

“I did not! It’s just food got stuck on the bottom!” she said defensively.

“What about you Joe, you’re staying?” I asked.

“Of course I am. Why can’t I eat dinner with my girlfriend’s family?” he said with a smile.

“Am I invisible or something?” I laugh at Michelle as he proceeded to slap Joe’s arm.

“Your abusive you know that!” whined Joe, a bit girly.

“You’re like family, Michelle.” I giggled. This satisfied her as she put on a smug smirk.

“I’m glad to see that you’re awake Demitra.” Said my mom with a tired smile.

“Yea, Michelle wouldn’t let me do anything else.” I sighed. We all help her set up the table and sat down once we were done.

“Well, that’s good, she’s looking after you.” Michelle puffed out her chest a bit and smiled gleefully at my mom’s response. I serve each plate then sit across from my mom; Michelle on one side of me, Joe on the other.

“And Joe too, he was some help cleaning up the mess your sister made earlier. It’s amazing you didn’t wake up from that racket. That reminds me; MADDIE DINNER IS READY!” she shouted. She sat down with a thud, placing her leg in an awkward position from her brace.

She only made her foot swell from the accident, and the ER doctor put a brace on her ankle to prevent herself from causing any more damage by walking on it, since she walks like an awkward penguin with the thing. But still she insists, no matter how many times my father and I tell her not to, that she should go to work.

Maddie ran downstairs and joined us, while my father walks from the back yard.

“The rain cleared up, but the garden is completely flooded.” He sighed. He kisses my head and patting Joe’s and Michelle’s shoulder. He sits down next to my mom with a heavy sigh.

“Well, let’s dig in.” said my dad.

Joe kept his free hand on my leg the entire time, no matter how many times I pushed it off. I guess the constant soft giggles didn’t help my case. We all talked about whatever we could. Once we were all finished, Michelle left, my dad went to the den, my mom went up to her room, and Maddie to hers.  

“So what do you want to do now?” asked Joe as we walk over and sit down on the couch.

“I don’t know, we can just sit here and talk.” I suggested. I curled up next to him and he covers the both of us with a blanket.

“Oh… Ok sure. What did you want to talk about?” He asked.

“Um, how was school?” I asked, out of the top of my mind.

“I don’t know. I couldn’t pay attention.”

“Why is that?” I look up at him as he kisses the top of my head.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He said with a sweet smile.

“Aw, babe.” I kissed him gently as he gently cups my face. This heated make-out secession went on for a few minutes before my mom decided to be protective.

“YOU TWO BETTER NOT BE DOING ANYTHING!” shouted my mom from upstairs.

“Oh for the love of Pete.” I groaned as Joe chuckled.

“So what have you been doing?” he asks.

“Well, I had to read for Environmental Science. It’s kinda cool actually, the clouds have different names depending on their shape and how high they are.” I got a bit excited, letting my nerdy side out for once in a long while.

“Like, so far, we had clumbionimbus clouds, they are tall, and have an anvil head, and created thunderstorms.” I went on for a good 10 minutes, taking about weather junk. Joe, although, seemed a bit fazed. He just nodded his head, listening along. His phone buzzed in his pocket and I stop as he looks at it.

“I have to go, you can tell me about the clouds later?” he asks. He kisses me and gets up.

“Oh, uh, sure.” I was a bit disappointed, but I guess what he had to do was important. He waves goodbye one last time before walking out the door. I sighed heavily and walked back upstairs. The sun was just setting, filling the sky with beautiful orange, purple, and gold colors that reflected off the clouds. I step out on my balcony and sit down. The floor was cold and wet, but I soon go used to it. I was going to take a shower and change anyways.

Today was just an eventful day, with a lot of complications.

I got back up after a few minutes and went back inside to shower.

______________________________________________________

Is it weird that my 60+ year old science teacher gives good advice? Like, literally, its the best iv'e heard from any male on earth.

Like I used his logic here: Girls, talk about something EXTREMELY nerdy to the guy. If he's interested and wants to talk about it, it means he's interested in you as a person. If he just ignores you and just wants to stay to make-out, he's just interested in getting laied. 

Don't be stuck with that guy.

Be a nerd.

(please enjoy the cat gif :D ~>)

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen C;