Chapter 11

*Demi's POV*

As it turns out, it was easy talking to Nick. I believed that it would have been difficult because of how we were in the past. Thankfully, it's going along great.

"So when do you think the power is going to be back?" Nick pops a Lucky Charms marshmallow in his mouth.

"I don't know, it's been off for hours."  I grab the box of cereal from him, ignoring his complaining, and walk to the hallway where the entrance of the basement is. I open the door and stare into the pitch black whole in front me.

"Boo!" said Nick behind me. I jump and squeal and he land on the wall foot support from laughing.

"Nick that isn't funny!" I whined. He laughed a bit more before handing me his keys.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" I glared at him as he continued to laugh.

"Oh god Dem, they have a flashlight." He picked up the keys from my palms and the cereal, and held up the silver cylinder. I swipe the keys from his hands and turn on the mini light. We walk down slowly the rickety stairs that creaked every step we took. Nick walked closely behind me, eating the cereal.

"Why is your basement so creepy?" whispers Nick.

"I don't know, I don't go down here often." I whispered back. We reach the concrete floor, a cool draft blow through.

"So why are we here?" he asked, clutching on my arm now.

"We're looking for the fuse box." A roar of thunder off the distance made me jump.

"It's over there." Whispered Nick, pointing his hand full of lucky charms to a greyish box.

"Bingo." I whispered. I shuffled over there, Nick close behind me. When I open the box, a puff of grey-brown dust blasts me on the face. Nick shook with silent laugher as I wipe the dust off and make a face at the amount that I just wiped off.

"So what do you do now?" I whispered to Nick.

"You flip the switch do-dad." He said with his mouth full. Just then the light that came from the living room candles switch off with a loud bang. The door had shut itself. I screamed while Nick yelled from the loud slam it made.

"Just fix it and let's go!" cried Nick. I switched the main power off then on again immediately. An electrical hum emanates from the box. The water heater lights up from the other side with a warm orange glow.

"Alright, let's get out of here." I sighed. I turn around and flash the light behind me, but Nick wasn't there.

"N-Nick?" I whimpered out.

"Boo!" shouts Nick from the dark behind me.

"Dam it Nick! Not again!" I shouted. I stomped upstairs and open the door. The kitchen and living room lights were back on. I felt the subtle heat flowing through the cold air that made its way through the house while the power was out.

"Aw, come on Dems! That was funny!" laughs Nick, running up the basement stairs, closing the door softly behind him. I throw his keys at him and he narrowly catches it.

"Jerk." I grumbled. I take out the chicken soup from the fridge and pour out, or more like scoop, two bowls. I place one in the microwave and begin reheating the bowl. He walks to the door, only showing his head.

"Hey Demi?" he asked sweetly. I stuck my tongue out at him, making him chuckle.

"Demi I'm sowry." He shuffles over, holding onto the blanket like a scared child, but his eyes lit up with joy. I couldn't held but laugh a little as he smiles back. He sneezes repeatedly, then wraps the blanket around himself. The Microwave beeped and I pull out a hot bowl of soup.

"Here. This is warm, it'll make you feel better." I said, still smiling. I put in the second bowl and waited for it to reheat as well. I take out a spoon for him and handed it to him.

"Thanks. This smells really good, despite the fact I can hardly breathe." He chuckled. The microwave finally finished and I grabbed mine. I walk out the kitchen, Nick close behind and gently sit down. Thankfully Netflix saved where I last left off and I resumed my Disney marathon.

"Oh I have a better one!" said Nick. He grabbed the remote and looked up the movie through search.

"Nick I doubt it's here. That's the one flaw with Netflix."

"Found it!" he clicked on the movie and played it. I didn't see the title, so now I'm curious.

"Wait, what did you choose?" I asked. He just looked at me excitedly then back at the screen. It started off of what seemed to be a black and white movie. The title Moulin Rouge! showed up with a loud acoustic noise.

"Nick, but it's old!" I complained.

"It isn't! It just starts off that way." He says, eyes glued to the screen. It changed back to color minutes later. It showed a guy with a scruffy beard and a typewriter.

"...The greatest thing you will learn is to love, and to be loved in return..." said an over voice.

~*~

"No! She loves you! Go back!" I cried to the main male lead as he walks away from the main female lead, crying. One hour in the movie, I had finish my soup and cried my eyes out. Nick and I huddled together as the female lead sang their song. I held back my tears, hiding into Nick's shoulder.

"Demi, it's alright. It's just a movie." Chuckled Nick, but in a kind way.

"B-But he was going to leave her! And the Duke! And he loves her! Arg! I cried before covering my face before I start crying again. Nick chuckled and removed the blanket from my face. We became quiet as I stared into his eyes. I slowly posture myself as we inch closer and closer. My mind was a total blank as I look down to his lips.

A heavy knocking at the door, made me jump and run to it, leaving Nick blushing madly. I open the door and see a half soaked Joe, holding a rose.

"Hey babe." He said with a smile.

"Is school over?" I asked. Nick walks over and his eyes widen to see that his older brother was here.

"Hey man, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I came over because I heard Demi was sick as well." He said a bit coldly.

"Really now?" he looked over at me.

"Yup, that's what he did. Keep me company." I said with what I tried to be a smile. I step aside to let him in and he kisses me on the cheek.

"So, what you guys watching?" he asked, looking over to the T.V. which was now just showing credits. He takes off his coat and I take it and leave it over at the kitchen table to dry off.

"Moulin Rouge. Nick can you rewind it I didn't get to see the end." I said. I sit down next to nick, who started to rewind it.

"Cool, I haven't seen this movie in forever." Said Joe sitting in between us.

This is just one awkward afternoon.

__________________________________________________

Sorry if this is kinda short! 

I'm watching Moulin Rouge! right no actually, i just love this movie. I suggest you all watch it :DDD Like no love story can beat this!!! I think i'm going to cry TuT

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen TuT