Chapter 9

*Demi's POV*

I ran home and tossed my umbrella aside once I unlocked the door. The clouds grew darker and it had begun to pour even heavier than before in just a few seconds.

"Sweetheart, what-" my mom started, but I cut her off and run up stairs to my room, tears of frustration going down my face. Once I got up to my room I cleaned up the smeared make-up and breathed deeply. I stepped out to the balcony and watched the rain pour down, letting my hair and the top half of my cloths get soaked in the process. A clasp of thunder masked my loud sob

"You alright there?" said someone said behind me. I turn around and see Joe with a sad smile. Not a smirk, not a flirty smile, but a smile that holds concern. Concern for me.

“Your mom let me in, I saw you run off when Nick shouted at you.” I sighed and walked back inside, dripping.

"I-I think I'm going to take a shower. Can you wait for minute?" I said shivering. He nodded then took off his jacket and placed it on the bed. I walked up e and hugged him tightly.

"You know your soaking, right." he chuckled, his chest vibrating against my face. I giggled and rubbed my hair against him.

“Hey!” he complained, and I giggled. I pulled back to see my work. His chest was completely wet. Not soaking like I am, but still wet. The shirt stuck to his chest and revealed abs that I knew was there, but never really saw before. I felt my face get rosy and I walked past him to get to my dresser. I grabbed clean underclothing and looked through to find suitable PJ’s.

“Hey don’t worry, I know I’m irresistible.” He chuckled behind me. I threw a pair of socks I had made into a ball. He squealed like a girl, falling over on my bed. For once in a very long time, I actually laughed as he threw the sock-ball back. I swat it away, it landing on the other side of the room. He stands up quickly and grabs me, laughing, spinning me around as I squeal. He sets me down, but keeps his arm around me, as he looks down to me and smiles. I could feel my face get rosy again.

“I- uh, got to… shower.” I said awkwardly as he chuckles and lets me go. I rush over to the bathroom, shut and locked the door behind me. I breathed in deeply to calm myself down, turned on the water, and stripped my soaked clothes off. The steam of the warm water rose over the curtains then back down. I stepped inside the relaxing water. I began singing random lyrics of literally every song I knew until I settled to singing Drops of Jupiter by Train. I rinsed out my hair and grabbed my body wash when I heard banging on the bathroom door.

“It’s a yes from me!” said Joe on the other side, mocking the judges of the X Factor. I laugh, and hear him laugh from the other side. I decided to stop singing, since I was singing pretty loud and I let the small window open to let out some of the steam. Faintly I could hear someone else singing the second part of the chorus distantly. I gasp at the fact that someone was listening and I shut the window. Once I finish I step out and wrap one of the blue fluffy towels around my hair then got dressed. I shook out my hair then opened the door. I walked back to my room, but Joe was gone.

“Jo-” Joe jumps out of nowhere, shouting ‘rawr’. I scream as he hugged me and we fell over onto my bed, me on top of him. My hair fell over us, water dripping onto the duvet.

“Your mean, your know that.” I said trying to hold in my laugh.

“But you like it.” He said with a smirk.

“Don’t be so full of yourself.”  I giggled, pushing myself off of him, but his arms kept me against his chest. My head slowly dipped to him as I kissed him gently. He pressed me a bit closer and let a small, throaty moan.