15

Phil Lester

"Let me do it," Dan says, grabbing my hands and drawing them away from my shirt. What is happening today? This is the strangest day of my life and all I want to do is go and bury myself under my comforter. There is no chance Dan would want me now, after seeing what a freak I am.

Dan's hands are warm as they reach the hem of my sweatshirt and I raise my arms up as he pulls it off me. I can't even function right now. Dan Howell is undressing me inside a creepy booth filled with medication and I just got bit by a squirrel. What a day.

"Okay so I will just inject some of this, so that you don't get any transmitted diseases," the doctor says bringing out a giant injection. I gulp and sit up straight. I hate injections.

The doctor grabs my forearm, and rubs some alcohol over the skin. Just before he puts the needle against my skin I feel a hand slip in mine, squeezing it tightly, and I look up at Dan to find him giving me a small smile. His hands are slightly rough, and bigger than mine but they still give me induce a fluttery feeling inside me. I shut my eyes tightly as I literally feel the fluid go inside my veins. The doctor pulls out the needle but I hold onto Dan's hand for longer until the pain disappears.

"Now give me your finger," the man says and I give him my hand. He not so gently wipes off the blood and pours some disinfectant on a cotton swab, dabbing it relentlessly on to the wound. It burns like hell and I notice that Dan has still not let go of my hand and for that I am glad. I am such an idiot honestly.

After five minutes, Dan has left my hand and my finger is completely bandaged. I watch as Dan takes out his wallet and I promise to pay him back tomorrow. The doctor in the meanwhile asks me to put some ointment on the injected area, in the booth at the back of the room. The booth is small and has a white uncomfortable looking bed, along with some really unnecessary posters. The walls are a pastel blue and it doesn't really look appealing.

I sit on the bed for a few minutes just contemplating what the heck happened today. First I go to lunch with Dan, tell him I'm straight, act idiotically and stroke a giant squirrel, end up in a hospital half naked in front of him and now I am inside another booth reassessing my choices.

I huff and run a hand through my hair, which will probably mess it up but it is least of my concerns right now. I squirt out some ointment on my finger and spread it evenly across the injected area. It stings so bad, I feel like crying. This day was too much.

Just as I begin to put a bandage over my arm, the curtain shakes and Dan pokes his head out. He doesn't say anything for while just parts his lips for a moment and stares at me.

"I was just, I, was checking why you were uh, taking so long." He stutters and steps inside.

--
dedicated to Sammy2000p ❤️