Kean - Chapter 3

I went to the bleachers and sat on the very far side of it. I don't want to be in the most populated area. I just wanted to be with myself, really. But looking at the stage, I saw Daniel practicing his sword skills for the parade later. He seem to be very dedicated to his activities. Aside from being an officer, he is also the club president where most students are addicted to computer. Last year, he got an award for being on the the top students in the campus. He is also one of the most popular students here, even the straight guys are saying that if ever he was just a girl they would really date him.

"Hey emo freak!"

And here comes Mark, so early in the morning and pisses me off already. He may not be one of the popular students here but certainly he is a jock. behind him is his friends who would always makes my life in school so miserable. They would kick, punch and spit on me. I don't really understand why are the doing it to me.

"Oho!!! What's with the wrist bands, freak?" says Shannon as he grabs my arms forcefully making me fall off the bleachers.

He pulled off all my wrist bands but I struggled to fight back when I felt a sudden pain in my stomach.  I fell on my knees and started kicking me.

"Hey! Back off!! What the hell are you doing?" I recognize this voice.

"Whoa, just because you are wearing that uniform doesn't mean you have power over us. Besides, we don't wanna ruin your pretty face anyways. " I heard one of them saying.

Then I just heard thumping and growling. Are they actually fighting? If so it wouldn't be unfair because it will be one against five jocks.

"Alright we give up, but we'll make sure next time you will beg." and they stormed off.

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder trying to pick me up. Then he tried to fix me up while I am still looking down the floor. I can still feel my stomach and pack in total pain.

"You could have screamed really, but why didn't you do it?" asks the boy as he sat next to me.

I just realized that it was Daniel who came up to me.

"I thought I would be disturbing you from your practice so I didn't do it." I just wiped the small blood that came out of my mouth.

He handed me over his handkerchief, "Here wipe it with this. Let me take a look at it. Hm. Just a small cut. Let me fix it for you." He grabbed a small bag in his pocket and took out a small bottle and cotton. He wiped the small cut on my face and covered with some plaster.

"Oh I think we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Daniel."  he held his hand out.

"I-i-i'm Kean. And sorry to bother you on your practice."

"Nice to meet you Kean. And its just fine. I am actually totally bored down there waiting for my other companions and they will be just like talking to each other instead of practicing. "

"Y-yeah". That was all I can say.

"You seem to be very shy. Why don't you come with me on the stage so that we both have company? Just don't think anything dirty at all, alright? And Jake won't be here because he needs to stay in the principal's office."

"O-okay" I stood up from my seat and grabbed my bag. He then grabbed my hand and went to the stage together.  I felt a sudden electricity running from my hands which was holding his. I think I can stay on this cloud nine even for just a moment.