Kean - Chapter 17

Sunday came and it was a bit calm. I could still a bit pain in the cuts I made last night. I think I could still smell and feel Daniel in my room. He could have stayed here for the night but that would be a bit suspicious for my parents. They know that I like boys but letting someone they just knew is a different story. Mom seems nice to Daniel. She never was to any friend that I introduced to her. That could be possibly the reason why some people don’t want to be with me.  I do trust her so called mother’s instinct, but, I just don’t know. She sometimes maybe right, but some could have been very wrong.

“Kean! Breakfast!” I went out of my room and noticed that Daniel’s phone was actually left behind. He must be in a hurry to leave that he didn’t see it before he left. I picked up his phone and carefully put it in my room. It suddenly rang up. Someone must be probably calling him. I take a quick look at the phone and it was Jake who was calling. To my surprise, I actually answered the phone.

“Hello, baby! How are you? Hello? Daniel? Babe?”

I really don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I should talk to him and tell him that Daniel forgot his phone here. But, he might be thinking that Daniel is cheating on him and that could be worse. It would just ruin everything and maybe my friendship.

“Okay, it must have been dropped and automatically answered. Just call me later, we will be leaving shortly and I will be coming straight to your house. I will see you later. I love you!”

I need to return his phone immediately. I just have to. I quickly changed up and just straight to the front door. I was hold up by Mom. “Where are you going young man? You haven’t eaten breakfast yet.” I have no time for this. I need to leave now. I just ignored it and quickly ran out. If I don’t do it, Daniel and Jake could be having a serious problem and I will be caught in between.  I ran as quickly as I could and a few minutes later, I arrived at his house. Okay, I just have to hand him over his phone and leave. I walked in front of the door and before I could even knock, the door was opened by Daniel. “Why in such a hurry this morning?” He asked with a bit of shock in his eyes. He is still in his pjs and looks quite a bit cute in his current outfit. “Well, come in and join me for breakfast and y the way, how could you have known where I leave?”

“I-uh-I,…” I couldn’t say it. “He must be thinking that I’m stalking him. “Oh, I almost forgot, you have to get to pass my house before you could go to school, am I right” I shyly nodded. “Well aren’t you going in?” I walked in and the feeling in there is light. As if the house was him. Very tidy and everything is in place.  “Mom, I have visitor!” his Mom peeked in the kitchen door. “This early morning? Okay, just wait for me in the dining so we could eat.”

We both went to the dining and sat down. “Hey, how come you know that I would be coming this time? And is it really okay for me to stay here?” I asked him while I grabbed his phone from my pocket. “Here, you sort of forgot about his one yesterday. You must be in a hurry to get home.” I handed him over his phone. He just looked at it sternly. “I’m sorry about yesterday.” I looked at him with a bit of confusion. “Why apologize? You didn’t do anything.” I pat his shoulder and gave him a hug. “Kean, I was so stupid to do that to you. I shouldn’t have done that. And besides, I’m engaged and getting married in a few years.” He pulled away from me. I just looked at him for a few moments. He looked away from me. I guess this is really bad.  “We’re still friends, right? I mean it doesn’t matter to me what happened, as long as we are still friends.”

“I guess that will still work. And I wish we could have been more than friends.” He holds my hands firmly.