Kean - Chapter 6

I can't believe he kissed me. Why would he do that? He has a boyfriend but then, he is not scared of doing it. What would happen to me if someone finds out about it? Worse if his boyfriend knows about that. And, if something happens to him, it would be all my fault. I would never forgive myself. 

So after he finished patching up my cuts, I ran, ran as fast as I could, as far as I could. I want to hide from everyone, from everybody, from him. 

I didn't realize that I've fallen asleep once I arrived on the place. I looked at my watch then I remember taking it off when he was fixing it. How could I forget that? It's my Mom's birthday present for me last year and I just lost it. Maybe he dropped it over to the Lost and Found office. So I quickly run to the office.

"Good morning sir, mind if I ask if there is a wrist watch that was brought here? I misplaced it while I was in the stage and I cannot find it anywhere." trying to hide my wrists with bandages on it.

"Sorry, son, but we didn't receive any items today especially on the first day. Better ask Daniel or any of the officers if they knows about it. If it's not here in my office then it's in the officer's quarters. They also act as Lost and Found on my behalf." he just said while continued writing on his paper. He looked up to me and pulled down his glasses. Great. 

I went out of the office when I was blocked by the same group earlier. Shannon pushed me on the floor and kicked me on my stomach. "Did you lost something freak?" 

One of them dragged me by my clothes towards the back of the offices and threw me hard on the ground. Then Mark showed up and pulled me up by my clothes "Why don't we have some fun today? Let's make this more remarkable." He punched me on my stomach and pushed me hard making my back hit the tree. He let me fall down and they started spitting on me. More blows followed afterwards. They just left me here, with there satisfied smile on their faces, laughing as they walk out like nothing happened. I can't feel my body. I thinks its become numb all over. 

I tried to make my way to my class. people just keep staring at me like I was some sort of an animal. I heard someone calling my name. I didn't look back. I don't care who that person is, I just wanted to go to my class and let this day pass by. I was just held back by someone pulling my bag back. 

"Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to. I just wanted to walk with you to our class." giggling while holding me on my shoulder. When I looked on my side it was Liam, the most annoying person I've ever met. "Come on! Don't be such a lazy slug. I don't wanna be late for our first class." dragging me with all his might. "Say, where were you during the assembly? I can't find you anywhere so I assumed you are late." smiling in front of me.

"I, uh, I-i.." I don't know what to say. I don't want to tell him what happened earlier, me having picked by Mark and his group or talking with Daniel, he will just go nuts and I don't know how will he react on it. He is so unpredictable.

"Well? Are you still making up your lies?" 

"I just fell asleep on my spot. I was lucky to wake up just on time for the first class." looking away from him and continued walking.

"You're really a lazy slug!" he grabs me by my neck ad start rubbing my head laughing all the way down to our first class. He then lets go of me and I made a quick fix on my self. He hugs me tightly. "Just to let you know, you are my best friend and I wanted it to be that way forever, okay?"

I sighed and looked down. I really consider him my best friend but i guess this will work. " Okay, then."  smiling.

"Why not do it official? A pinky swear." grinning as he shows his pinky finger up. 

With no much choice left, I lift my hand up and showed my pinky finger.

He started to chant the rhyme, "Pinky, pinky bow-bell,Whoever tells a lie,Will sink down to the bad place,And never rise up again."