Daniel - Chapter 24

The rain is till pouring hard on us. I pulled away from the kiss and shook my head. I closed my eyes for a while. I slowly opened it and Jake wasn't there. For a second I thought I just saw him. "Dan, what's wrong?" Kean asked me as I try to look for Jake. "I think I just saw Jake." He also looked around. "No one's been around and I never heard or seen any car passed by. Maybe just your imagination." 

Maybe it's my conscience that's bugging me. It tells me that what I did was totally wrong. It tells me to make a straight forward decision on leaving Kean here. I don't know what to feel or say right now. I just can't leave some who is in shambles just because of me. I took a deep breath and hold it for a while. Then I let it out and stood up. "I'm sorry, Kean, but this is really not the right thing to do. I can't cheat on Jake. I love him very much and I want to spend my whole life with him." He shrugged and looked away from me. "I though you kissed me because you loved me, but then again it was just only a kiss. I guess I don't really deserved to be loved."

I just felt something snapped inside me. I slapped him again. This time he didn't cry, but he looked at me like I'm some kind of a monster. "Are you an idiot? All these people around you loves you. You're just the only one who doesn't want to feel it because you're so focused on me. Damn it Kean! You know what? I think that friend of yours, Liam, is so madly in love with you. I can see it."

"Don't you tell me like I don't know. He loves me but I don't have anything for him. I have this feeling for you and you alone!" His words hit me like a poison running in my body. It sort of made me feel numb for a second. I'm frozen by those words. "But why me? Why me, Kean?"

His eyes are becoming red. Tears are falling down on his face with the droplets of rain. "I don't know. You have that special something that, maybe, I'm looking for. I feel so distracted whenever I see you around. I can get too stupid whenever I see you. I can be so pathetic to everyone but not to you, because I love you." His frown slowly turned into a smile. His eyes are pointing directly to me. 

I need to let him understand this now because if I do it sooner or later, maybe I'm going to suffer too much consequences too. "Kean, please do understand me, alright? I'm getting married to someone who I really love the most and I don't want to do anything to make him feel bad because of me. Yes, you love me, but maybe you're confused. Maybe it's just infatuation. Like I said, I like you, but our relationship will just stay as friends and I treasure you for being one. You are a very special friend to me." I stretched my arms and wrapped him tightly. I want him to feel special. I want him to feel that I'm there whenever he needs me. I hope he realizes everything what I have said. 

He wraps his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry Dan and I guess thank you. I'm sorry for being so stupid right now. I'm sorry for being such and idiot and so blind to everything. I guess it's time for me to make up with Liam. Maybe my feelings for you over-shadowed my true feelings for him. I don't know really. I mean, I feel and I guess he feels like I rejected him. " He chuckled a bit. Now the atmosphere became more light. It just did.

"Yeah, I think so too. Better start now making things right" He lets go of me and did the same as soon as I feel him. He kissed me on my cheeks. "A thank you kiss for a special friend." He ran away towards school. I felt my phone vibrating from my pocket. I unlocked it and saw a message from Jake.

"I guess I know now why you're not yourself today."