Daniel & Kean

Daniel

Zoey and I sat down right beside Kean, who was really red when he saw us both. I always have this strange feeling whenever I see him nowadays. I don't know if that is still that same feeling I have for him before, but the problem is I don't even know what it is. Infatuation, maybe. If it isn't then maybe it's just my misunderstanding of what I really feel about him. I still don't even realize what it is until now. Somehow, it got into me that Kean is more important to me than Jake used to be.

Ever since that time he left, I always find myself looking for somebody to complete me, fill in that certain spot I've found to be hollow. It's been two weeks already but all of a sudden; Jake managed to fill that emptiness instead of Kean. I was looking forward myself that Kean might be able to do it himself. He just won't let go of me even I'm barely hanging on his hands.

I leaned my head back and sighed, letting all the thoughts out of my head. I just don't understand this, but I know Kean means something for me and that I have to keep for myself, even if it means lying to Jake, I got to do it. I know he can’t stand me lying, but this is for the best for now. It may not be my best solution, this is just my safest option.

For the past few days, Jake has been able to keep myself together again. He never grew tired of doing that every time our relationship is in shambles. I wonder when the time comes, when he isn't able to make it happen and suddenly, we just decided to end it up for good. I can't even figure out what is going to happen to me or him. It's still a puzzle that's been on my mind, still unfinished. 

I noticed Kean kept on staring at me for a while now. The show's about to start and he looks not bothered about it. I snapped my fingers onfrom of him, causing to jerk back on his seat. Zoey leaned forward and giggled. "Hey, snap out of it. What's wrong? You find it awkward here? We can move if that's what you want."

"Uh, n-no. You don't have to." Looking a bit loss of his senses, I shook my head and raised an eyebrow. "Y-you don't seem to be convinced of what I said. I don't really mind you seating beside me."

"Well, I am not convinced. Just tell me what you're thinking right now. You are so quiet since we settled down." I twisted my waist and crossed my arms, looking so cheerful in front of him. "Hey, you can always tell me."

*****

Kean

"Hey you can always tell me." He looked like a freak when he asked me, more like a clown. He always tries to put a smile on his face, not exactly try but he has that in him as always. Such face he bears hides so much pain like I can almost feel them and I am here, looking like an idiot trying to keep my own composure.

It's fascinating how I can easily be persuaded by his voice, his face. The looks on his face, having that sly smirk, eyebrows raised, glittering eyes, the air he's breathing out, is so addicting. I get tangled inside me and can't speak or tell him about it.

He kept on looking at me, raising an eyebrow and left my mouth wide open. "If you don't close that mouth of yours, I'm going to pull out your tongue and scrape it with a knife until you tell me about it."

"Dan, I uh, I...." Sighing, before I could let a word escape from my mouth, I tried to figure out some words that would make him believe. "Well, are you just going to keep on stuttering instead of saying it clearly?"

"I'm not saying that I'm uncomfortable with you sitting beside me. I just find it wrong; knowing what happened to you was because of me."

I can tell that from the looks of his face that he is about to burst into laughter. "Ridiculous! You're still into it, are you? Let's just forget about it shall we. Besides, Jake and I already talked about it and worked it out for this past few days. You can ask Zoey to confirm it to you."  

I am amazed at how fast he was able to move on from that. Still, I worry about him."Yes, somehow. Look, we're right beside each other and if he might see us, then maybe you'll be in trouble again because of me."

He crossed his arms even more and his eyebrows were about to meet each other. He is confused right now. Who wouldn't be? I just told him I'm comfortable with him and then all of a sudden I'm so worried about what will happen to us if Jake finds us.

Silence engulfed us, even Zoey was shut by our argument momentarily. Now, I'm just too embarrassed of what I did. All I really wanted now is to tell him how much I love him, that's it. I'm happy with that, whatever his response is. I can't ask him to love me back, knowing how much he loves Jake. 

"Kean, it's going to be alright. It's not like we're doing something horrible here. Everything wi---" He was cut short by arms knotting around his waist. I looked up and found out it was Jake.

"Hey baby." He whispered on Daniel's ear, brushing his lips on Dan's neck and cheek afterwards. Dan looked back to his boyfriend and smiled. "Hey."

A slight cold wind blew around me, making me shiver. Fear started to consume my  mind, knowing what entails afterwards.   "So, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" Jake asked him looking at me with a smirk. I don't know but I find him a bit of a jerk with that smug. I want to punch his face hard.

"Uh, yeah. Jake this is Kean. Kean, I think you know him already."

"Hi, pleasure to meet you." Jake offered a handshake, still has that smirk. I took his hand and made the handshake. I swear my hand is really shaking as I reached for his hand. And I thought you're Mr. Nice Guy here. I guess not. Jake gave me a stern look. Damn, he must have heard it. "I'm sorry? Did you say something?" I shook my head and faced towards the stage. I don't even know why Daniel fell in love with this jerk in disguise.

He lets go and returned to Daniel. "Dan, baby? I already got us some seats over there. Let's go."

Daniel looked at me, worried if I am going to be alright. He hasn't finished what he said earlier. I wanted to hear those, but at the moment I just want to hold on to it. "Dan, I'll be fine here. Don't worry, Li will be here as soon as he finishes their performance."

"Uh, okay. Just tell me if something's going alright. You know my number."

Jake took Daniel away with Zoey. "Sure." I responded, whispering, after they left.