Kean - Chapter 30

Liam and I have been together for almost two weeks already, and it sort of feels like it’s pretty quick, especially, if the one whom you really love is just right beside you. He's changed so much since that unfaithful day; if I may call it which I meant was the day when I rejected him at the very first time he confessed his true feelings for him. I really felt like a total jerk after that time. I mean, it happened on a Sunday, that we fought about it and then on a Monday, we sort of fixed it up ourselves like magic.

Right now, he's preparing himself for some sort of activity in his club, which I didn't bother to ask. I came with him and looked for some costumes and accessories. All he would do is run into one shop, and I'll wait for him outside. I don't like going in to those shops. They're just too much of a freak show for me. And once he's not satisfied or didn't find anything useful or doesn't amuse him, he would just do a little bit of mischief.

So far, everything seems to be as well as it should be. We've been arguing sometimes over such little stuff, like where we're going to eat, who's going to pay, accepting each other's gifts, are among those things. The only thing that is actually disturbing me right now is a recent dream that I have. It sort of a blurry vision but I can grasp and take a few bits of it and figure out what was happening or what I'm doing there or what it's meaning is. Sometimes, dreams can mean different from your own interpretations.

It was just one of my dreams where, I always get scared of something, where I need to get out and look for somebody. As I was able to get out from that creepy place, I soon realized that the one I'm looking for was left behind that closed door. I rushed back to the place and tried to pry open the door. When I found him, he was just there, lying on the floor, bloody messed up, cuts and bruises everywhere. His clothing was torn into pieces, revealing some of his body parts. The only recognizable feature was this necklace on his neck, with a ring as a pendant. The only person I've known so far to have that accessory is Daniel.

It doesn't make any sense. Why would Daniel be on my dreams? Does this mean I still have feelings for him? Every time I see him in the corner, all alone, I can't help but sometimes feel his loneliness. I can't bear looking at him, being in that state. All the other people can see from the outside is a happy and cheerful Daniel, but that's what all they can see. Deep inside, he was struggling to make himself and everyone else happy. He doesn't want anyone or anybody to worry about him, but I do. I don't know if Liam notices this. I'm just hoping that he doesn't because if he does, this might lead to another trouble.

Liam jumped in front of me causing me to fall off my seat. "You are so freakish. Thinking of something again? You seem to be quite out of this world lately. What's wrong?" I balanced myself up and looked at the bags he was holding. "Uhm, yeah. I guess I have no idea of what to wear so I just bought a lot so I can choose." I grabbed the bags on his left hand and he crossed his left arm onto my right. We're walking aimlessly towards some place that I can't even recognize. I just rely on him; he knows almost every single place, every single hole in this area. "Hey, wanna grab something to eat?" he asked me, pointing out to some restaurants and cafes. "Yeah, sure. What would you want?"

"Uhm, let'see." He checks on the windows of some cafes. I don't really care where we eat, as long as he's satisfied and I am too. "You're too childish when picking where to eat. Just make a quick decision, so that I can have a rest too." He pecks my cheeks. "Alright, I want to eat there, maybe some custard cake and coffee. You alright with that?" I didn't hesitate anymore and just dragged him inside the cafe. WE ordered what we wanted and sat on the window side.

"You're too much annoying today, you know that? Tell me what's wrong." I totally ignored him and just simply continued munching the cake and sip in my coffee. "Kean, just tell me what's fucking wrong!" He yells at me, which surprised the whole cafe. I reached over my arms on his shoulders and tried to make him sit. "Just calm down, Li. I will be fine. See?" I showed him a big smile, which rather didn't convince him. He gave me a very serious look, eyebrow raised and he shakes his head sideways. Sighing, I dropped my fork down. "Alright, just don't get jealous or get mad. Remember that dream I told you before? It seems like I somehow know who that person is."

He nodded. "So who was it?" I hold his hands firmly, rubbing it with my thumb. "It's D-D-Da" I can't continue. It's holding me back. "It's who?" I mumbled his name but I can't say it. "Who?" Now Li closed the gap between us. I took a deep breath. "It's Daniel." All he gave me was a frown. "Oh. I shouldn't have bothered to ask."

"I told you not to bother and now you're overreacting." He sips his coffee and put it down gently. "I'm not overreacting."

"Yes you are"

"Am not!"

"Fine. You win." I settled down and continued eating. This is so hard. He just wouldn't understand the word 'PRIVACY'. All he wants is to get in to what I've been keeping away from him, and once he found out that it's not him that I'm thinking about, he would overreact and then get mad. he is too much for me to handle. We finished eating, but still not in a good shape. I would grab his hand but slaps mine away. 'Li, please. Just talk to me for a sec. It's not that I'm cheating on you. I love you and I mean it."

He ran as fast as he can but not as far as he could. I grabbed him by his waist and pinned him against the wall. "Kean, it's not what you think it is. Do you think I take it very easy when I hear you mention his name? I'm still jealous about how you care about him. I'm still jealous, that every time I see you looking at him, I can't help but think that you still have feelings for him. If you really love me, please stop thinking abou--"

I covered his mouth. "Li, I admit it. I still have feelings for him, but I have you now. He can't simply replace you." I take off my hand from his mouth and shared a sweet kiss.