Daniel - Chapter 5

After that dreary and tiring opening ceremony, which actually includes me marching with the flag bearers making my commands and just stood there for the rest of the time and listening to the principal's long boring remarks, I finally got a time to catch up with Jake. Well my first class is English and he is also in my class so that makes it even more better. 

I finished packing up, put away my saber, sash and beret into my locker, I slammed the door shut and ran towards the classroom. Five minutes before the teacher yells at me and I will be the subject of the whole class. Something like, Daniel here is making love with his boyfriend, but his boyfriend is actually a monster stuff like that, blah blah blah. Pretty annoying actually, not to mention I usually sleep in English classes. 

When I arrived in  the room, I was so lucky that the class didn't start yet. I signed in relief and  made my way to my seat, of course right beside Jake. 

"Okay babe, just relax, you're not late." and then he kissed me on my forehead. "Thanks babe." 

Well Jake and I are really not boyfriends when we first met, he is actually my very best friend. We've known each other for like when we were still babies and we always stuck together since then. Our parents are also the best of friends, his mom and mine are also childhood friends. Well I don't wanna talk about it really because I never paid attention to my mom talking about it. 

He is actually my protector, more like a knight in shining armor. Ever since we were kids, I always get myself into a fight but I can't defend myself all the time. Jake just suddenly appears in the scene, like how Superman appears when Lois Lane is in danger and would protect her. He would scare off the other kids away from me and would always tell me that he is always there to protect me, whatever happens. He is my childhood sweetheart. 

We went to the same school since kindergarten until primary. His parents actually planned to move to another place because his dad is needed there by the time we graduated  and preparing for high school. So before he "left", he went to me and confessed all his feelings for me. I didn't expect that to happen, really. We were just ordinary kids like around 13 to 14 years old by that time and he was already confessing to me. That was the time he asked me if I could be his boyfriend. Of course the answer to that questions is simply yes but at first I tried to laugh it out. I told him that what about our parents, then he jumped towards me and kiss me on my lips. He said that he already told them who he likes and they we're just happy for him. I asked him again what do you think will my mom would think of me stuff like that, he was just like I talk to your mom already before I talked to you and made me promise to make you very happy. And eventually I gave up my yes, then his phone rang up. His parents told him that they are not leaving anymore and that they could stay here. That made it even more special.

"You seem to be distant right now. Did someone hurt you? Did I do something wrong?"  he looked at me with worry in his eyes.

I smiled looking directly at him, " I just remembered that time when you asked me to be your boyfriend and it is  one of the most happiest moments in my life. " I leaned closer to him and our lips collided, sharing that sweet passionate kiss. I don't' care who is with us right now, who walks in to the room and started screaming or whatsoever. I just wanted this to be perfect, and it is really a perfect moment.

After a few moments, he pulled away and hugged me tightly. "Just remember our date later, okay?'

"Yes, I will remember that." I rested my head on his shoulder as the class went on.