Chapter 7

A/n: Ok, this update is coming out a bit late i know but I was sick like a dog today and it sucked. This might not be a long chapter but it's something!

On with the book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You feel terribly awkward with Ziana and Garte sitting on the couch across from you. Not to mention Zane of all people holding your hand on a couch. 

"So," Garte said, "What's your name?" Oh jeez this is gonna be a long few hours.

"My name is F/n, Sir." you say. You can't help but admire the extravagant features of their house. They have maids and butlers and even their own private chef! I'm going to have to live up to standards here...

Zane cleared his throat and said, "Um, can I talk to you guys alone?" Glancing at me his eye signaled for me to get out of there. You stood up and excused yourself.

Wandering down the hall you could hear music coming from a room. Getting closer you could hear someone singing as well. You knock on the door and the music and singing stop in an instant.

The beach blonde guy with soft blue eyes from lunch that day opened the door with surprise. "Uh, F/n was it? W-What are you doing here? You said you live across town." You feel your face flush a tinge of red and say, "U-uh yeah I do b-but Zane asked me to come over." He tensed up in a second.

"Zane? Asking another person, let alone a girl, to come over?" he said. You heard something else but couldn't discern what words were spoken. "What was that last part?" you asked. You saw him get flustered and he pulled you inside his room.

"Why did Zane ask you to come here? For as long as he was alive, he hated people outside the family." He asked. "Um, I don't have to tell you. Heck, I don't even know your name." you said slightly frustrated. "It's Garroth. Now answer me. Please."

"W-Well, Zane was on his way home when he bumped into me because I was taking the long way home. I tripped and he caught me so I owed him one. To pay him back, he said your father was home today and that he was on Zane's back about getting a girlfriend and that led to him asking me to pretend to be his girlfriend. That's why I'm here." you said. You took a deep breath.

Garroth blinked. He  sat down on his bed and motioned you to sit next to him. "That is not surprising actually. Father has been on all of our backs to get a girl. Plus, if our mother thinks we have someone then she is happy. We don't want to see her cry that we don't have anyone, so we pretend. That kinda sounds depressing now that I say it out loud." he said quietly.

"Well maybe you should get an actual girlfriend? From what I have seen, most of the girls at Phoenix Drop like you. Why not choose one of them?" You ask. Garroth stares at the floor. "It's not that easy. one half want me for my money. The other half want me for my looks. Perhaps a select few like me for me but, father would never approve of them. He has high standards I'm sure you've seen."

You past his back. I can't help but feel bad for him. I don't think I have actually ever felt pity before everything happened.

"Hey, things may not be all sunshine and rainbows now, but it will get better for you. you are a nice guy. Nice guys get nice events. That's just how it works. You, one day, will be the son that exceeds any and all standards." you say. You felt something tugging at your lips to make them come apart. What is this called again? Oh right, a smile.

You felt the smile tear open onto your face. Garroth seemed to be grateful for your presence. "I know you have that one special someone who you want. Go get em' tiger." you say leaving the room.

I have to say, that actually felt... nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 When F/n left I felt father's eyes boring into me. "You finally got a girl. But you had to get one that can't even be polite?! I raised you to be someone who could change a girl! One that could be a man!" he yelled.

I flinched at his voice. "Well, Father, I tried to change her, but she can't budge. Not without...that. But I refuse to harm her father, I won't do that." I said firmly. Mother looked a bit proud of me standing up to him. It made my mouth smirk a bit.

When I looked Father straight in the eye, I could practically hear the steam flowing from his ears. "NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME ZANE! YOU WILL DO AS I HAVE TAUGHT YOU!" he screamed. "Or else I will do it myself. Do you understand me? Women must be compliant. They are mere-"

"Mere what Garte? I dare you to finish that sentence. But, just a warning, it might earn you a knee to the balls." F/n said walking back in. Father didn't even flinch. "I was saying woman are mere toys. It is true and you know it missy." he said angrily. F/n calmly walked over to Garte and kneed him in the balls just like she said she would.

"I warned you didn't I? I'm leaving now ok Zane? I guess you did warn me that your father had standards but I didn't know he was a complete d*ck." she said getting her stuff on and walking outside. "F/n wait!" I called. Why do I care about this girl so much?

We were a good 20 feet from our steps when I caught up to her.She stopped walking. "What is it Zane?" F/n said without even turning around. "Are you going to call me a mere toy as well? After all you did  nothing to stop your father from calling me that am I right?"

I felt shame come over me. She's right. I should have stopped him. " I know. And I feel completely guilty for that. But no, I did not come to say that. I wanted to apologize for my father. He still has the old belief that women can't do 'men stuff'."

"Maybe you should stand out against your father more often." she said.

She left. She didn't look back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I know! short chapter but It's really late for me right now and I'm sick. onto disclaimer!

Gail: Today we have Travis!

Gail: Where is..?

Travis: *Behind her staring at u kno what*

Gail: TRAVIS!!! you are supposed to be with either katelyn or lucinda!

Travis: Sorry! I couldn't help but look at it. ;)

Gail: Can you just do me a favour?

Travis: Anything for you sweets ;)

Gail: *sighs* can you just do the disclaimer?

Travis: Only if you bring lucinda here again.

Gail: Sure whatever.

Lucinda: Uh, Gail? Why am I in a glass cage with travis?

Gail: Uh..no reason.

Travis: Hey babe ;)

Lucinda: *grits teeth* just get this over with

Travis: Gail does not own these characters! Aphmau does (she also looks fiiine) remember to check her channel daily!

Lucinda: Can I go now?

Gail: Nope. I need another shipping photo.

Travis: I'm all for that. Come on, pucker up babe!

Lucinda: Gail!!!!!!

Gail: *Gets camera ready*

Travis: *kisses lucinda*

Lucinda: *pulls away* get me outta hereee!

Gail: Kawaii~chan you are welcome!

Travis: Your turn Gail ;)

Gail: Ok by guys. I gotta run.

Travis: aww but-

Gail: BYE!