Chapter 20

A/n: I will be ending this book in a couple chapters or so. i don't want it to go too long ;P

anyway, book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 weeks later

Your POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat with Zane on the couch watching Black Butler. You knew he would love it. Neither of you talked about what happened with the kissing and such and it was killing you. One question in your head was begging to be answered. Does he really like me like that?

Suddenly Zane stops the show snapping you from your thoughts. "Hey, why you stoppin'?" you ask slightly concerned. His face showed him to be nervous. That was unlike him. "We need to talk...about us." he said just loud enough for you to hear. You look away from him sitting up straight.

You said, "What is there to talk about Zane? You and me both were emotional and-" you got cut off by him saying, "But I meant all of it you know." This surprised you. You knew that he was your best friend and shared everything with him. Literally everything. And yet...it never crossed your mind that he actually saw you like that.

There was no way. (Keep tellin yourself that F/n.) Shut up author I'm trying to tell my story. ( Ok first of all, 4th wall. Second, I CAN DO WUT I WANT.) I really don't care about the- (4TH WALL) Jeez cam down jfc.

You stop your conversation with the author and try to come up with an answer. Did you mean it? Did you actually feel something more for him? Could you run the risk of ruining everything you had with him already?

You sighed. "Zane...that...that's really sweet. And...no matter how much I would love to accept that...I can't. What if something happens? I can't run the risk of getting hurt so much again!" you said. You felt sad that you couldn't. You wanted to. Oh, how you wanted to. But, you couldn't get yourself hurt again. No matter the cost.

"How do you think I could hurt you. I could never bring myself to. I'm not your father. I'm not MY father. And I'm definetely not Maya. I.." he says. He looks away in frustration. He mumbles something under his breath, although you could not hear it sounded something like, "hisshhrerjanihugt"

"I'm" he continues, "I'm in love with you F/n. I can't f*cking help it. I can't understand how or why but I am. And I'm scared as h*ll too. I'm scared I might be broken by you. I'm scared my father or Maya might come back but I'm willing to take the g*dd*mn chance if it's with you." You could not hold back the ice cold tears slipping down your face.

Zane was shaking now, so to comfort him you hugged him lying down and setting his head on your lap petting his hair calming him. You petted him until he was completely calm and he sat up. You said, "Let me think ok? You can spend the night if you want. Just let someone know. Your brothers worry you know." He only nods and lies down on your lap again making you blush a deep red.

A boy was doing this to you. Not just any boy though. It was Zane Ro'Meave. 

As soon as you were sure Zane had fallen asleep you kissed the top of his black hair and whispered,

"Do you have a band-aid? I think I might have scraped my knee falling for you."

You stood up sighing and tried to leave but could not get up without disturbing him so you just sat and eventually fell asleep yourself.

~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~

You woke up you a snoring Zane at 9:00 in the morning. Thank Irene for Saturdays. You saw him sleeping so peacefully it brought a smile to your face. You started to play with his hair a bit until he started to move. You immediately stopped and pretended to be asleep.