Epilogue

~~~~~~~~~Many Years later~~~~~~~~~~~

The old woman was sitting at home staring into nothing. She had no one that she knew of left. But, she couldn't be sad about it. Her husband she had lost many years ago. Yet she wasn't able to move on.

She heard a soft knock at her door. The woman slowly got up struggling from the arthritis in her knees. She grabbed her cane and walked wondering who could be there. She had no friends. No family. Then who...?

She opened the door to a man of about 35. He looked like...him.

"I'm not interested in anything you're selling!" she said slightly angered at him. Just for looking like him. She started to close the door when it was stopped with the man's foot. He said, "I'm not here to sell anything. I...I have done some research and I think you are my mother. You are F/n L/n yes?"

The woman froze up. A...son? The one she gave up after...his death? No. It couldn't be. There was no way. It had to be someone else he was looking for. "I am of that name but...I'm afraid you might be looking for someone else dear. Goodbye." she moved to close the door again but was stopped with that dratted foot.

"Please? I know it's you.The file...said the woman who gave me up had striking E/c eyes. There are none like your I have seen. Can we just...talk?" he asked. The woman sighed and let him in.

When they were both seated it fell into a small silence. Until the woman spoke. "You know, you look very much like your father. Same hair and eye color." The man smiled a bit like this and notices the photos of the woman except younger. She looked happy with the man that must have been his father.

"Is..." he started. he wasn't sure whether to ask about him or not. He starts again. "My father...is he still alive?"

A shadow falls over the woman's face. When she looks up at him her eyes are full with tears and sadness is spread across her face. "N-No. He died not a year after your birth. We were going to have a family. But...when he died...I couldn't look at his face in you every single day. I'm sorry but I just couldn't." hot tears fell down the even older looking woman's face.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." he said worried for his biological mother. The woman just waved it off and wiped away her tears. "I have learned that happy endings don't happen for me. It's ok." she said. The woman got a distant look as she recalled the memory of when they first got together.

Suddenly she snapped out of it. She saw his face and knew exactly what he wanted to do. "You want to see his grave, don't you?" she asked the man. He looked at her surprised but nodded. The old woman slowly got up and used her cane to get her shoes on to go outside. The man looked confused. "Are you coming boy?" the woman asked.

The man hurried to follow her. They walked in silence to the grave sight which was just in the backyard. Flowers that were planted there looked well-tended to and flourishing. 

The small, simple headstone just said the name of the mans father.

Zane Ro'meave.

The woman sat down next to the headstone and used what minor magic she had left to spruce up the grave. Then a thought crossed her mind. "I am so rude. I haven't even asked your name. Would you mind telling me?' she asked feeling almost stupid.

The man said, "My name is Zachary. Zach for short." the woman smiled at this name. It sounded just like something that Zane would pick. It suited him perfect.

"You might have been expecting me to come to you. Or some big huge welcome. Or...I don't know. A grave even. I guess even I'm a little dispointed we had to meet with you finding me. For that I am sorry." she said. The woman had never felt so much guilt in her life from abandoning the child.