Capitol Update: Reapings Part Two

Universal POV:

‘’Good evening citizens of Panem!  The Reapings have concluded and we finally have our twelve sets of male and female tributes to represent their Districts in the pageant of honour, bravery, skill and smarts that is the Hunger Games!’’ Screams Piper Papillon, the Capitol news reporter as the sun begins to go down on the horizon of the Capitol.

As she says this, the crowds of Capitol citizens around her cheer and applaud excitedly as they remember the very eventful day they have had.

‘’ I have some very important news for you all which I will explain before I move on to talk about the Reapings. As you all know, at midday today, I told you all of the possible arenas that the tributes will be fighting in and the voting lines opened. Believe me when I say that all phones in the studio were ringing all day with votes and the results are in. But first, let me remind you of the three options.

Option one is a completely natural arena, with large forests, a lake, mountains and lots of wild animals for the tributes to hunt. This will be quite like many of the normal Hunger Games that we have had in the past!

Option two is an island. It will be quite a large island with sandy beaches, a volcano, plenty of palm trees, some abandoned ruins of a temple and some forests as well! This will obviously be exciting as there would be lots of beautiful scenery and lots of nice spots where the tributes could fight.

Finally, option three is quite different as it has never been done before. It is also an island however it is an island with a small village on it. It will have forests, beaches, lakes and rivers, but it will also have houses, shops and other interesting buildings that the tributes will have access to including a school, a lighthouse and a dock area!

Now, I can reveal the winning arena that the tributes will be entering this year. However first I would like to explain that none of them will know until the moment they enter the arena what it is going to be. So, without further ado, the arena that this year’s Hunger Games Quarter Quell will be hosted in is arena three! So I look forward to seeing how that plays out as it really has never been done before!’’

As Piper explains this, the crowd erupts into applause and screams of complete excitement, apparently this is the arena the majority had voted for.

‘’ That’s not all folks, there’s more! Now that the Reapings have concluded, the tributes will be sent to the Capitol, where they will have the evening off. However tomorrow, they’re three days of training with our expert survivalists, fighters and trainers will begin. Afterwards, we will have the tribute parade and interviews, so here is where you all come in!

Unlike previous years, the interviews this year will be quite different. All twenty four tributes will be interviewed at once for two hours, with a ten minute interval in between. And we want you, the citizens of Panem to send in questions to us for our wonderful tributes! The number is now on screen, so please send us in the name of your tribute, along with the District they belong to, followed by your question and if it is good enough, it will be featured on the show!

I just want to ensure that you all understand that tributes without questions from you will not be receiving as much attention from me, so please, try not to leave anyone out! There is no limit to the amount of tributes you can ask a question, but try keep it to two questions per text, and if you are emailing us, two questions per email as this makes it easier to get through. However, you are welcome to send us as many as you want, so get going!’’

The crowds begin to roar in admiration, and I spot a few take out phones to send in their questions already.

 ‘’ Now then, for the highlights of the Reaping! Just like our first six Districts worth of tributes, the second half was also very exciting and varied, so without further ado, we will begin, starting with District Seven. This was certainly very memorable. We will begin with eighteen year old Min Yan, a very eager and able tribute who I believe will be a very exciting addition to this year’s Games. I am definitely very eager to see her fighting!