Opening Ceremonies: Interviews - Part Three

‘’ Hello Panem and welcome back to the third instalment of interviews! Please give a round of applause to our next six tributes, the tributes of District’s Seven, Eight and Nine!’’ I scream as Cricket, Min, Stitch, Phox, Ike and Bliss walk across the stage and take their seats.

As the tributes sit down on stage beside me, the crowd goes crazy, screaming their names and tossing flowers at the tributes. I still however notice a few people in the crowd using their phones – obviously to send in special attraction suggestions for the Games.

‘’ We will commence with Cricket, I have a question for you here, do you want to win the Games? I mean, who would you go back to?’’ I ask – probably the most common question send in for Cricket.

‘’ Ehm...’’ He begins, taken aback perhaps?

‘’ Don’t worry Cricket! No need to be shy.’’ I smile encouragingly.

‘’ Well of course.’’ He answers. ‘’ Why would I want to die? I have friends to go back to.’’

‘’ I don’t know. After what happened with your parents, I’m surprised you don’t want to join them.’’ I explain.

He glares at me angrily so I move on.

‘’ Next question I have here is for Miss Min Yan. Tell us, what is your weapon of choice?’’ I question.

‘’ The sword.’’ She smiles. ‘’ I like to think I’m a natural with it.’’

‘’ Ooh, interesting! Where did you learn to use a sword?’’ I ask.

‘’ Well my father is Japanese, and from a young age he taught me how to use a bokken – which is a wooden sword – it’s an ancient Japanese weapon.’’ She explains.

‘’ That’s simply fascinating!’’ I exclaim honestly. ‘’ I can’t wait to see you in action in the arena!’’

‘’ Thanks Piper.’’ She replies with an innocent giggle.

‘’ Oh no problem. Answer me this Min, what would be your ideal arena, if you could choose?’’ I ask.

‘’ I don’t really know, maybe just a forest and a lake. Not too many hiding places, then it would be boring for you lot watching it!’’ She explains and the crowd cheers admiringly.

From the crowd, a fan shouts ‘’ We love you Min!’’ and holds a sign with her name painted onto it.

‘’ How cute.’’ Smiles Min. ‘’ Thanks.’’

‘’ While we’re with you, I’ll just ask another question. In the interview, you described yourself using two words, beautiful and clever. You then explained that this is what your name translates to in English. However, if you could only use one of these words to describe yourself, which one would it be?’’

‘’ Definitely clever. My brains can get me places in life, I’m not pretty enough to get what I want by manipulating others with my appearance, and even if I was pretty, I wouldn’t do it. Girls like that make me sick.’’ She explains and the crowd cheers.

‘’ Don’t say that Min, you’re gorgeous!’’ I say to her, then I turn to the crowd. ‘’ Am I right?’’

The crowd’s response causes Min to blush up and giggle, they scream her name in admiration, cheering and shouting compliments at her from where they sit, along with tossing flowers onto the stage at her.

‘’ Thank you all very much.’’ She laughs.

‘’ I’ll come back to you later, next question is for Stitch. You seemed to be a bit off at the Reaping, why was that?’’ I ask.