Capitol Update: Arena - Day Two

Piper Papillon’s POV:

‘’ Good evening Panem! Day Two in the arena has sadly come to a close with another two pairs taken from us! Today we saw the first of three special attractions, the mermaid sirens! Wow is all I can say! They provided us with so much entertainment, and proved fatal for some tributes.

The first tributes to face the wrath of the mermaid sirens were the District One and Two pairing, Belle Cyrus and Margo Mead. The two had been camped out near a pond in a small clearing and the sirens attacked. They used their singing to lure Margo close to them – Belle had been unaffected because the sirens only affected the males – and they ripped him into the lake as soon as he was within reaching distance.

They dragged him in and took him deep, drowning him slowly. Belle jumped in to save him, but she was unable to retrieve his body. I think the moment we really fell for her was when the collar fixed around her throat began to beep and she sensed defeat. May I just add though, how amazing was her finish!? Electrocution! Wow! It truly was a spectacle!

Later on in the day we said goodbye to the twelve year old cuties Phox Halebrooks and Blossom Abernathy! Again, it was action packed just like we love it! Ravina and Adaline had been hunting them – Adaline reluctantly – after Adaline tried to warn them about Ravina. The girls ran but Ravina caught up with them despite her partners reluctance to fight and furthermore to kill.

When they caught up with the two however, Ravina showed no mercy! She began with knocking Phox unconscious as she wanted to focus on Blossom, and that she did. After she had rendered Phox useless, she commenced torturing Blossom in the river, slowly drowning the girl leaving her begging for death. Adaline obviously felt for Blossom, because not only did she try to stop Ravina, but she killed Phox to spare the two more torture.

What followed this I think shocked us all, Ravina turned on Adaline – her own partner! She knew she couldn’t kill her, so instead she chopped off one of the poor girl’s fingers and then used the charring remains of Blossom to cauterize the wound so she wouldn’t bleed to death. I think it really was a surprise, but it is exactly that attitude that we all love about the Hunger Games!

So just to recap, there were four deaths today;

District One’s Belle Cyrus, meaning both tributes from District One are now dead.

District Two’s Margo Mead.

District Eight’s Phox Halebrooks.

District Eleven’s Blossom Abernathy.

This means that Districts One, Six and Nine have been eliminated completely from this year’s Games and only Districts Three, Four, Five, Ten and Twelve have both tributes remaining. There are just fourteen tributes left! However, it could still go to any of the remaining Districts, there are still a few days to go!

Now that we have that out of the way, I want to just remind you all about tomorrow’s special attraction, there is going to be a storm including the Capitol voted for option, blood rain! The blood rain represents every drop of blood lost in Hunger Games history so far, and will continue until each drop has fallen onto the arena! So that should be quite entertaining!

I also have some very important news to share with you all, I am engaged to be wed to President Snow. He proposed just after the bloodbath – romantic I know – and we will be getting married shortly. I just want to say that this will be my last year presenting the Hunger Games, as we hope to settle down and maybe start a family soon. Anyway, thank you so much for the twenty five year’s you’ve been so kind to have me, it’s been one hell of a ride! Until next time, I’m Piper Papillon and that was your Capitol Update!’’