All aboard tributes! Next stop, the Capitol!

Caspian Reef’s POV:

‘’ What if they split us up?’’ Asks Lilly, sounding frightened.

‘’ If they split us up, I will make sure that until I gasp my last breath, you will be kept safe. And I will only take my last breath when you are safe. You will be going home, with or without me, I will make sure of it.’’ I vow and she smiles.

‘’ I love you Caspian. I really do.’’ She smiles – with that perfect smile that I fell in love with – and I lean towards her and we kiss passionately.

‘’ I swear to you. You will be going home. You’ll see your father. You will be a champion. Everyone will love you more than they already do.’’ I continue.

‘’ Love me? Caspian they all hate me. Just because of the family I was born to. Because my father is the Mayor. They think I am some pompous bitch. I’m human too.’’ She explains, sounding both furious and devastated at the same time.

‘’ Of course they love you. Look at you! You’re perfect.’’ I smile and we kiss again.

‘’ Promise me that if we are not paired together we will spend every second we are in that arena together. And if we are paired together, we will do what it takes to get out of there, no matter what the cost, so we can be together and raise a family.’’ She pleads.

‘’ Of course Lilly, I promise.’’ I vow and pull her close to me, kissing her on the forehead and wrapping my arms around her.

‘’ They won’t separate us will they?’’ She questions. ‘’ They aren’t that cruel...They won’t will they?’’

‘’ I...em...they...I really don’t know Lil, it’s the Capitol. They do what they want.’’ I answer finally and she begins to sob into my chest.

I grab her head and pull her close to me and fight back tears of my own.

Brutis Glaze’s POV:

‘’ You looking forward to this, chick?’’ I smirk at Belle.

‘’ Don’t talk to me.’’ She snaps back.

‘’ Easy there girlie. I’m only joking with ya, what’s up your arse?’’ I reply, sensing her anger.

‘’ You. That’s what.’’ She replies venomously.

‘’ Me? What did I do to you?’’ I question.

‘’ You tried to make me look weak today in front of the whole District and everyone watching the Reaping.’’ She explains angrily. ‘’ Trust me, I don’t take pleasure in killing, I do what has to be done to supply for my family. But I swear to God when we enter that arena, you better run, because I will hunt you down and I will kill you. And you know what, I will enjoy it.’’ She explains.

‘’ Wow! Keep your pants on doll face!’’ I laugh and Belle lunges across the carriage at me and pins me to the ground.

I smirk at her and spit in her face. She roars angrily and raises her hand to punch me but the peacekeepers standing inside our carriage run forwards and pull her off me.

‘’ I swear to God! I will kill you! You’re lucky you have these guys to protect that pathetic ass of yours.’’ She screams furiously.

‘’ Whatever you say angel face.’’ I laugh and sip from a small glass of wine sitting on the table in front of me.’’

For the remainder of the ride, the two peacekeepers hold Belle where she is as she glares at me hatefully. I do what I can to aggravate her, winking at her occasionally or blowing her a kiss or two every so often.