The Tribute's Final Feast

‘’ President Snow’s POV:

‘’ So how about after the tribute’s final feast we head back to the condo for some quality time before the Games tomorrow?’’ I ask and Piper nods her head slowly at me – she really does love me.

‘’ Yeah...OK...’’ She replies and I smile as I snap my fingers. As I do, two avoxes rush to us with wine bottles in their hands and refill our glasses.

We sit at a large table at the top of a huge feast room, the place is packed with people; escorts, possible sponsors, Gamemakers, peacekeepers, government officials, avoxes and waiters that are frantically preparing for the feast.

After about ten minutes of small talk with people I really couldn’t care less about, and some drinks with Piper, the doors of the huge room open and the tributes appear. They enter in twos, paired according to the pairs they will be with in the arena, led by Gauze Weaver and Bliss Dixon.

As they enter the room, I stand up and smile. ‘’ Welcome tributes! It is with great pleasure that I greet you here tonight, for your final feast! Please, take a seat – you will notice that your seats are assigned so please sit there. At each table, there are two pairs of tributes, along with your escorts and also some possible sponsors you can impress during the meal. So please sit back, relax and have a wonderful last supper, as tomorrow is a very important day.’’

Lilly Cullen’s POV:

I quickly find my assigned seat – which happens to be with Caspian, Ethan and Ellie – along with the escorts from District Four and Five and a few unfamiliar faces that are obviously the aforementioned sponsors.

‘’ Good evening tributes.’’ Smiles a suited old man with grey hair and a tidily shaved beard and moustache. ‘’ My name is George Dempsey, CEO of Panem’s Peacekeeper Industry, I am one of the sponsors for this year’s Hunger Games. This is my seventeenth year participating and I have seen some talent over the last few years. I have sponsored four successful tributes who went on to win the Games, so tell me...why should I sponsor you?’’

‘’ Well like you’re probably aware of, I achieved a rating of nine in the training among the guys – that’s fourth place. The four of us also are very prepared for the arena, we have a game plan set out and plan on going very, very far.’’ Explains Caspian as the rest of us remain relatively quiet momentarily – unsure of what to say.

‘’ Interesting, what plans have you made?’’ He questions.

‘’ Nice try, but that’s a secret.’’ Replies Caspian and the man chuckles, although he sounds irritated.

‘’ Well how do I know you’re not just saying you have a plan to achieve my sponsorship?’’ Questions the man.

‘’ Well how am I supposed to know you won’t just listen to our game plan and then sponsor another tribute and tell them our strategy?’’ Retorts Caspian and the man laughs again, as do some of the others at the table as food is placed in front of us.

‘’ Touché.’’ He smirks. ‘’ I like you.’’

Very little is said as we eat our starters, leek and potato soup with brown bread and goat’s cheese with champagne in an iced cooler beside the table. Ethan and Ellie whisper a bit during the meal, although I can tell it is because of the other guests at the table as opposed to myself and Caspian.

Echo Sparks’ POV:

I slurp down the soup in large spoonfuls – Osmo and I agreed earlier today that we would stock up on as much food as possible to ensure we have some body weight on us for tomorrow. The sponsor obviously notices, because she giggles as she observes me.