Gabs - The Event Coordinator

Gabriella Gloss’s POV:

‘’ Good evening tributes! My name is Gabriella, but you can all call me Gabs and I am your Hunger Games event co-ordinator for the duration of time you spend here in the Capitol! So, if you all please follow me and I will take you to the feast room.’’ I smile as the tributes enter the hotel doors and the paparazzi finally leave them alone.

The tributes follow me in a large group, all twenty four of them are surrounding by peacekeepers for protection and their twelve escorts follow them in a smaller group behind them.

‘’ I’m sure you’ve had a very eventful and tiring day, and I bet that journey from the station was quite exciting with all the papz taking photos and firing questions in your direction, but you have finally arrived and your welcoming feast awaits.’’ I continue as I lead them down a long hallway with walls plastered with pictures of previous Victors that most of them don’t even recognise.

A few of the careers pause at pictures to boast about how they had met these Victors before however nobody seems to be bothered with what they have to say.

‘’ But before all that, I just want to explain how this is all going to work. Tonight, well, right now, I will take you for your welcome feast. The President will be giving a speech and joining you for the meal will be myself, the Gamemakers, your escorts and some other Hunger Games officials, including possible sponsors so flattery is key!

Tomorrow, will be the opening ceremonies – including the tribute parade – and tomorrow night will be the interviews. Unlike other years, all twenty four of you will be interviewed together as opposed to one by one, it will be done in four groups of six. This helps avoid an awkward hour with tributes that are just plain boring!

The follow day, you will be brought to the interview dome where you will feast and then find out your pairings for the Games. However the interviews will not take place on that day. Again, there will be a lot of very important guests at this prestigious event so dress to impress!

Then, you will have your three training days where you can learn survival skills along with fighting skills that will help you survive in the arena. Well hopefully! You will then receive a score from one to twelve – twelve being the best and one being the worst.

The following day, you will be taken to a special waiting room where your special pairing devices will be put on you, and they will be described to you in detail. Then, finally, you will enter the arena! Any questions?’’

‘’ Is this meal going to be televised?’’ Asks Belle Cyrus of District One curiously.

‘’ Of course my darling, everything I just mentioned to you will be televised, apart from the training centre of course!’’ I reply happily.

‘’ How will the interviews work? Will each of us be asked the same questions or...’’ Begins the very handsome Gauze Weaver and I fight the urge to blush despite the age difference between us.

‘’ Well Piper Papillon will be asking you all a few standard questions and then you will be asked questions sent in by the Capitol.’’ I explain.

‘’ How will the pairings be decided?’’ Asks Echo Sparks, the beautiful white haired girl from District Three.

‘’ I am not going to tell you that, because it is going to be a surprise, however I will say that it will be set up almost like a game show.’’ I smile and notice a few of the tribute’s faces light up with excitement – Brutis Glaze and Min Yan in particular.

A few of the other tributes – the wimps – look scared when I say this, however I keep my shoulders out and smile on.

‘’ Anymore question? No? OK then, let’s go introduce you to the whole Hunger Games entourage!’’ I yell excitedly as we walk towards the feast room.

As we step up to the double doors of the feast room, the Avox manning the doors opens them to let us in and once we’ve all stepped inside, he shuts the doors again. I lead the tributes and the escorts to a long dining table in the centre of the room and they all take their seats. They are left there for about ten minutes to socialise with other important guests and then the President enters the room.

‘’ All rise.’’ Commands a voice from somewhere in the room and everyone in the hall follows the order.

‘’ Please, be seated.’’ Smiles the President. ‘’ Welcome, all of you, to the Capitol. I hope you all enjoy your stay here, tonight is the beginning of the Hunger Games festivities and I’m sure Madame Gloss went through your schedule with you before you came inside. I wish you all the best of luck in the Games, but for now, please enjoy yourselves. Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favour!’’