Chapter 8~Sudden Death?

Melody's P.O.V

I was ready to die. I was ready to feel the impact, but it never happened. Instead, I felt two arms wrap around me and I flew up.

I didn't even bother to look up and see who it was because I knew already; it was Tristan. He usually waited for me to go first and pull the string so he knew I was safe. That's what best friends are for. But never once have I had a mount function. I guess this is why he always waited.

The ground came slower this time and we both landed on our feet. I turned around and gave him a big, bear hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaim.

He hugs me back and laughs.

"I told you I'd always go after you so if something like this happened, I could come and get you," Tristan explains.

We break apart and he wipes some tears that were still on my face.

"Come on, let's go see why the hell your parachute didn't work," Tristan says and grabs my hand. He drags me inside the building where John was waiting for us.

"Oh my god Melody! I'm so sorry!" He exclaims.

"It's okay John," I say.

"No its not! Look I'm going to get to the bottom of this mystery while you and Tristan treat yourself to some ice cream! Got it?" He says.

There was no point in arguing, and I mean, I wanted ice cream; so we took the money and we went to Ben and Jerry's.

"I'll have a chocolate sundae," I order.

"Make that two," Tristan says.

The lady nods and heads out back to get the ice cream.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tristan asks.

"Yes T!" I say with a sigh. He's been asking me that the whole way here!

After a few minutes, the lady comes back with the ice cream and winks at Tristan. I held in a laugh as Tristan smiled awkwardly. We walked away to sit at a table, and there I started to laugh.

"Jesus, does she not know I'm gay?" Tristan mumbles.

"Well then T, you don't only have men winking your way," I laugh. He laughs too.

We talk and laugh over ice cream, and once we were done, we headed back to my house. Tristan decided he'd sleepover which I was totally fine with.

~■~

Once we pulled up in my driveway, Paul came over and bombarded me with questions.

"Paul! Chill!" I say.

"No! You just left without telling anybody! We were worried sick!" He exclaims. I sigh and apologize.

"Sorry," I say. He sighs and lets us enter the house. Tristan and I rush upstairs and I close my door.

"So," I say.

"So," he says back. I roll my eyes and jump on my bed; Tristan follows.

"What do you wanna do?" Tristan asks.

"Movie?" I suggest. He nods and I put in the Hunger Games.

~■~

Half way through the movie Tristan fell asleep so I turned the TV off. I got up and went over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take off the light makeup I had on.

Once I was done, I went to my pyjama drawer and picked out some comfy pj's. I changed and climbed into bed next to Tristan.

If you're wondering why my parents are okay with having Tristan over and all that, it's because he is trustworthy, and he's gay so he won't try anything; but mostly the trustworthy part. He has his own room, but sometimes he ends up falling asleep in here, and I don't bother waking him up.

I turned off the lamp and laid down in darkness. I could here some muffling sound from next door, it was probably from Justin's room.

I sigh and close my eyes just to think.

Today, I was almost forced into being someones girlfriend, I found myslef a fake boyfriend, I almost died, Lucy never came over because she went shopping; which reminds me I should ask her what she bought. I got ice cream and now Tristan is sleeping over.

Not a very adventurous day. I mean, I wish I could have gone on a road trip or something, but that's for spring break. At least I went sky diving and almost died! Not something I should be excited about though.

I let my thoughts drift off and finally, I fell asleep.

-----------------

Authors Note

Hey guys! I know this was a short chapter, but I wanted something up for you guys. So here it is! By the way, I'm on spring break or March break right now, so be on the look out for new chapters! Okay, I'm done, love you all!

~Asha